close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cattin on the Tusc 8/10

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by rockbass, Aug 11, 2004.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I had a couple hours to fish before dark, so I decided to put the boat in the river here at Gnaden. I figured I would try for cats. I only had chicken liver for bait, but that was ok. I went downstream and tried some spots I have never fished before. The 3rd and final spot I tried was the only one I got hits on. I had some nibbles on one pole, nothing came of it. Then had the other rig go down hard. clicker screaming. As soon as I picked up the pole, it stopped running. as soon as I went to sit it back down, off it went again only slower. I lowered the rod flipped the handle and set hard, only to feelthe hook/ bait pull out of the fishes mouth. Ticked me off, but I just said ok and baited back up. Threw to the same area and within a few minutes, off goes the clicker fast. picked it up and set the hook, felt nice. got him in only wieghed maybe 2 lbs. I think he was wrapped around a limb or something, because he felt big as could be at first. Was not the greatest time on the river, but I only was on it for about an hour or so. Main goal was to find some catfishing spots.