close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cats

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CountryKat, Apr 23, 2004.

1. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Been killen the cats at Ferguson using anything rotton. Got my limit the last 2 days.

2. Can you pm me with some more details, I would love to get into some.

I have never been cattin, so any info of where to get bait would help. Thanks

3. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Check out the topic in the catfish forum titled BAIT, it will give you all the details. If you have any questions after that feel free to ask. We still have to get together and catch some.
    Jim

4. what you mean your limit? there is a limit on cats now?

5. i was wondering the same thing. my limit is when they have wore me out!!!!!!!100 or so a nite.........heh heh

6. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

The limit is 6/ fisherman/ day on anything under 700 acres. The largest reservoir here in Lima is 610 acres.

7. Cats,

I'm new to this site, so I'm reluctant to make my first post a critical one but,,, I think you may have misinterpreted the regulations. The regulations say you can have no more than six (6) setlines, trotlines, etc. on a body less than 700 acres. No where does it state a limit for cats on any body of water, taken by line, rod and reel. Feel free to take as many as you like or feel appropriate.

Cats have been liking my nightcrawlers on the windword side of res. 5, Fostoria. Few Saugers no size, no perch yet.

8. well first off welcome to ogf...it always great to have another fisherman here
    you might want to check on the regs because they changed this year

9. catking

catking Banned

Country Cat is correct. In the regulations under site-specific regulations it states " Public Waters under 700 acres the limit is 6 channel cats no size limit........... CATKING

10. I see it now and stand corrected. I apoligize. Which res are you fishing?

11. catking

catking Banned

#5dogsoldier- That's an easy overlook ;) I didn't see it either on the regulations............. CATKING

12. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Personally, I would like to see a total catch and release fishery on all cats, on all waters....Make it illegal to keep a catfish, any catfish, any where...LOL

13. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Bout time the DNR starts some sort of creel limit on them. The res here in town used to be good......but guys would take 200lbs of channels out right before the spawn each night. Needless to day, it's worthless now.

14. catking

catking Banned

I believe when the ODNR starts putting limits on a species of fish for the first time,they are more or less telling us all something we already knew. TROUBLE is brewing in the heartland. In small lakes if everybody kept their catches, that lake could be in big trouble. I think the ODNR knows this now, just took them awhile......... CATKING

15. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

i'M FISHING THE RESERVOIRS IN LIMA OHIO. tHE LARGEST ONE IS 610 ACRES.