close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cats on East Fork?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Slabslayer, May 23, 2004.

1. Anybody catching any cats at East Fork? I'm ready to make the yearly turn from crappie to big game, and I'm trying to decide where to try first. I know East Fork better than anywhere else, but also fish the Ohio and Little Miami quite a bit. Might just walk the LM going into the lake the morning of Memorial Day, but would like to make an all-nighter soon. Any help would be great, I know DA KING has some info he'd love to share :D

2. catking

catking Banned

CLOVERLICK................ :cool: DA KING !!!

3. I knew you'd be willing to help out. Now all I have to do is make some time to get out on the water. was supposed to go out Saturday night, but my buddy backed out on me and my old man said it was "TOO HOT". I remember the times when I was a kid when he would drag me down the Little Miami walking in the 90 degree sun to fill the stringer with channel cats, and now it's too hot to go out on a boat at night. Gotta have a talk with that guy :D Anyway, I plan on getting out for the night sometime over the long weekend. It'll have to be at night. I don't feel like fighting the masses to get on the water.PLEASURE BOATERS :mad:

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I talked to a fella today out there who said he caught a few, didn't ask him where abouts though, but it was in East Fork :D

5. catking

catking Banned

I hear ya about the pleasure boats and your dad :D Hey, there are some hefty cats caught in this lake every year. I know of two personally that went over fifty pounds . This lake has wood throughout and places with- oh 12 feet of water or less in the mud flats, seem to be a good location :) Good luck to you !!! CATKING

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Mud flats in East Fork... see I couldn't find anything like that today... rocks rocks and mroe rocks, looked like a good crappie lake.

7. catking

catking Banned

Ya got that right fishman. Where you were , that is all gravel and rocks. Gotta go up into the arms of this big lake ;) CATKING

8. catking

catking Banned

You are right about that fishman. This can be an EXCELLENT crappie lake at times. There has been some real brutes caught there. CATKING.

9. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

The lake really threw me off today. I was expecting to find something like Clearfork kinda of man man looking lots of mud substrate but have way clear water. Instead I find something that looks like Pleasant Hill which for me is hard to carp fish. I got lucky today seeing as I was able to catch some fish in it :D

10. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

Catking,where is cloverlick bay.Is it the one by the concrete tower?If it is, that's where i ran into GARy.I'm going back this weekend to get the punk. :D I went out sat night from 8:00pm till around 2:00am and only caught one cat and one little carp.Don't know what was up.Bugs were bad.Maybe i need some new spots.

11. catking

catking Banned

The arm by the tower is Slabcamp, Stampede. Cloverlick is all the way at the other end of the lake on the south shore.It's located down from where the river comes into the lake. THE CATKING !!!

12. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

Standing on the beach,is it to the left and just left of the no wake zone(the no wake zone that leads to the macadoma area).Been thinking of doing some cattin in that cove.

13. catking

catking Banned

Not even close to the beach. It is the southern most arm in the eastern part of this lake. The cloverlick arm is very long and has a ton of cover/structure. CATKING.

14. its the cove the masadoina(sp) ramp is in
    if you walk down the boat and turn right thats clover creek

15. catking

catking Banned

What bigjohn said :D It has a ramp there Stampede in which to launch. CATKING

16. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

O.K. the one with the power lines.Thanks.

17. looks like with the river blown out I will be hitting EF myself this weekend.

18. catking

catking Banned

You and about a thousand others truck :D Big holiday weekend :eek: THE CATKING !!!

19. I was thinking the same thing. I was out there last Saturday, and it started getting crowded just after noon. But with tomorrow being the only nice day, on top of the holiday weekend, that place will be packed. It may be best to fish one of the rainy days, as long as the storms are not too bad.

20. Yes but they are calling for bad weather ;) pleasure boaters don't like that.Besides they also don't like coves with stumps.daryl