Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not really I guess. I hate the fact they can run wild any where. Free to hunt rabbits ,birds and such. Which they rarely eat just kill. They also leave piss smell every where. Get it under your deck or someplace you spend time and it usually can't be removed. I think if you love your cat or any pet you would restrain them. After all running loose they could get run over,catch diseases, Killed or injured in so many ways. House cats I have no problem with. After all if you want a litter box and cats its not my business,but if they are seen in the woods they become targets. And I know some in town do the same thing.
JUST SAYING! If you love your cats! Love them enough to care for them in your own stinking house.

·
d{>_
519 Posts
You shoot one of mine, you're going to jail!!!!
keep it in the house then

Owners should have to license their cats just like dogs and be given fines when they run loose. If you care for your animal so much why let it run loose all over the neighborhood? I know I wouldn't let my dogs run free not just because of the fine but because I would be afraid what might happen to them

·
1950's Outboards Rule
1,067 Posts
if it is on MY property i do what i want to predators. if my dog has to be licensed and kept on a leash why not a cat. never liked them never will. i knew a trapper once who trapped nuisance animals and he had a wall with tinkerbell cat collars he collected.

·
Registered
811 Posts
if it is on MY property i do what i want to predators. if my dog has to be licensed and kept on a leash why not a cat. never liked them never will. i knew a trapper once who trapped nuisance animals and he had a wall with tinkerbell cat collars he collected.
Priceless:D

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HA HA LOL Walcat! "You shoot mine your going to jail."
I 'm 58 and if I carved a notch for every one I shot My guns wood have no stocks!!
Well grandpa had a saying catching before the hanging!
I live on the outside of town and will shoot yours if its here.When I lived in town I used a bow. A city cop once told me when I complained. Kill them any way you want and throw it in the street. They have about had it with cats also. If your so da*n concerned keep them home where I keep mine. You take them to the pounds or animal shelters to day you have to pay. If I won't pay for one to buy I'm not paying to kill either. Your Cats your worry's!!!

·
Banned
607 Posts
I agree, they should have to be licensed and kept under control (not loose) by their owners. I get real tired of them dumping in my flower beds all the time. Who knows what diseases they may pick up. Further more they kill everything smaller than they are, hunting 365 days a year. Ground nesting birds don't have a chance where roaming cats exist. They have killed most of the frogs and small snakes in my creek. I feel my hands are tied because they all belong to various neighbors and bringing this to their attention would only cause hard feelings and we have to live here. I just wish people would think. I don't hate cats, I dislike irresponsible cat owners.

·
Turgid Member
572 Posts
You boys must be city dwellers. Barns minus cats equal RATS, AND MORE RATS. Cats do have a function in the country.(I wouldn't have a house cat though)

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
255 Posts
in the burbs I think it is good to have a few cats roaming the hood. Nice to keep the mice and chipmunks in check. If I lived in the sticks I would probably feel the same way and kill em all.

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I'm not trying to be disrespectful to any one. But we have a lot that do. I usually just try to ignore and post around them. Always happy to listen to reason. Why do you think you have the right to let your cat run free? I call it inhumane, irresponsible,and unfair.

Ok the reason I think its wrong
1. They can get killed or injured from lots of sources other then guns.
2. They catch all kinds of diseases , fleas, tick, and more.
3. They kill anything smaller then them for no reason.
4. They make sandboxes,gardens,flower beds litter boxes and stinks real bad.
5. They run on peoples property that don't,want them and you wouldn't think of letting your selves or your kids do it.
6. They will bite and scratch young kids and pets on their own property.
7. They track mud all over peoples cars trying to keep them nice.

These are just a few reasons I don't like them. Yes their nice in a barn which I don't have. And usually stay there because the mice do. Here I trap my own mice. I respect people who are concerned and loving enough to accept the responsibility of a pet. But feel when they run loose they ought to be fined and humane society should charge them with inhumane treatment of a pet. Now there is my reasons and I'm respectably asking for yours.

·
Banned
607 Posts
I was out mowing the lawn and I was thinking about my previous post. I want to clarify that although this thread is about cats, that I feel the same way about any pet owner that is irresponsible. If someone thinks it was a neat idea to get a dog, cat, sasquatch, E.T. or whatever in the first place, then you are obligated to that pet to do the right thing by it. Again I hope people, whatever your choice in a pet is will think about it's well-being. Back to the yard.:(

·
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was out mowing the lawn and I was thinking about my previous post. I want to clarify that although this thread is about cats, that I feel the same way about any pet owner that is irresponsible. If someone thinks it was a neat idea to get a dog, cat, sasquatch, E.T. or whatever in the first place, then you are obligated to that pet to do the right thing by it. Again I hope people, whatever your choice in a pet is will think about it's well-being. Back to the yard.:(
Totally Agree! Same for kids!

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,432 Posts
Dont let it loose then is what he is saying, I totally agree I hate cats that are just let running loose.
So if your dogs would happen to get loose does that mean we should shoot it too?? Think before you place your head somewhere where the sun doesn't shine. I have several dogs that come through my property, that are "running wild" maybe I should start shooting them. Hope it not your dog that get shoot.
I'm sure you'd be just as pissed as someone that has their cat get loose and some A$$hole shoot it.
What an assinine post, thread and most of the comments. you people really need to get a new hobby, as your surely aren't getting out of the house enough.
Shoot my cat and if your not in jail, you may wish you were.

·
Banned
94 Posts
So if your dogs would happen to get loose does that mean we should shoot it too?? Think before you place your head somewhere where the sun doesn't shine. I have several dogs that come through my property, that are "running wild" maybe I should start shooting them. Hope it not your dog that get shoot.
I'm sure you'd be just as pissed as someone that has their cat get loose and some A$$hole shoot it.
What an assinine post, thread and most of the comments. you people really need to get a new hobby, as your surely aren't getting out of the house enough.
Shoot my cat and if your not in jail, you may wish you were.
Ohhhh a tough guy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.