close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cats at Alum

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Steelwolve, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Steelwolve

Steelwolve COCC- Director

Fished Alum creek on tues and thurs evenings this last week, and the cats were hitting like crazy. We caught 27 in total most between 3-7 lbs, and man were they smacking the baits. Thursday at about midnight I was holding the camera to take a pic of one of the 7lbs my buddy caught my pole litterly got hit so hard it flew out of the boat, as I saw it I just lunged forward to have it slip from my grasp and into the water. I reached for it again and Plop the camera did one of those slow motion deals and went splash. So im on my knees in the boat franticly reaching into the water trying to retrive whatever i could get, I felt my pole and as i brought it up I expected to at least have a nice big fish to fight. Wouldnt ya know it NO FISH ON. So I lost my Digi camera (actually my GF's she's still pissed) but I got my pole back! Then about 20 mins later the storms blew in and forced us off the water early.
    Most of the fish were on fresh shad heads in about 5 FOW and the bite didnt really start till 11 pm.

2. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

what area were you fishing?