close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cat'n this evening? where to go?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bubba bass bigfoot, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

I might be going Catting tonight. I'm guessing the Rivers are way up, so what would Hoover be a good idea or not? or should i got hit up the Sci seeing how the cats should be out feeding right? any help.

Thanks.

2. Hoover was good last night.Had alot of runs ended up with 4 good size cats.The biggest was 25" or so. An this morning had a good number of cats an carp. I will be at Alum tonight going for cats an bass. Well good luck man.

3. I was at the river the other night and seen a lantern pop on for about a hr or so, Im guessing they were after cats, they didnt stay long regardless so I would say the cats aint going very strong in the river.

4. 01mercLS

01mercLS It's Fishing not catching

I was at hoover last night around 11:30, fishing bottom with cut baits, and caught 3 cats, 2 of them were some 6-7 lb range. It was a good night. I'll be out again tonight, but i think i'll go to the river tonight.

5. If I was hitting the Scioto I would look for an area that has a feeder creek running into it. After a good rain, cats will stack up in there areas feeding on insects, worms, etc being washed into the river. The same holds true with lakes. I am hitting the Ohio R. this weekend for cats so I am hoping it will be productive.

Jake

6. Bubba bass bigfoot

well looks like i might hit up Hoover. i looking for a Fish Ohio Cat lol. Where should i fish at on hoover, i will more than likely be bank fishing. so any spots would be cool as in what side of Hoover, by the Dam or any other areas.

Thanks.

7. streamstalker

streamstalker deleted

This rain did not do squat to the river levels. I just rode by the Olentangy and it was really low. Anyway, you don't have to guess about the levels...our tax dollars provide this wonderful resource to show how high and fast they are or aren't:
    http://waterdata.usgs.gov/oh/nwis/rt

8. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

2 years ago I did alot of night fishing from the bank at Hoover...

Had some good nights around the duck pond... (its probably pretty low right now) We fished livers and that stink bait from Wally World... I belive thats on Sunbury RD by the damn, and the dock area... You'll see the docks and then further down you'll see a cut out of the main lake area with a small little area to it...

Also fished the Red Bank Cover/Road area... To the left there down there seems to be a lot of rocks and hang ups... and to the right of the cove its more sandy... We caught a few cats that went 20+ inches in that area...

Thats all the information I have - Someone that fishes that area more would probably be more helpful.

9. Bubba bass bigfoot

thanks for the help. i have that site bookmarked already, i did go by what it said, untill a trip to the darby that was ruined b/c it said the water was norm and it was UP lol.

How do you think Griggs would be?

10. Go to Buckeye use shrimp and catch 100 or more ??

11. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Looks like the rivers below impoundments(big walnut, alum, scioto) rose abit, big walnut really up, darby is still low, barely spiked at all, only went up barely on flow and roughly tenth of a foot rise in level(1.2"), wonder how muddy it got, anyone see it today?

12. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

Darby at 40 looked the same as it has the last few days. No noticeable color or flow change.

13. Try by the twin bridge boat ramp. If there is no one at the spot by the light cast out with livers an the cats will come. Or all aeound that area is a good spot.Well good luck an let us know how you did.

14. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

well I went out for some cats tonight at hoover. around the oxbow area. only fished for two and a half hours and didn't catch anything. I had a few good runs, but no hookups. I used shrimp.

I saw one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever witnessed though, and overall it was a great relaxing night.