close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Catmax BassPro reels

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Abu65, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Has anyone used these, are they any good? Thanks in advance!!

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have never used them, but I know people who have..They say they are decent reels.

3. I don't own any, but know someone who has one. It seems to be an ok reel for channel cats. Poor clicker.

4. THarris

THarris CHASING THE BIG 'UNS

I purchased 2 of these reels several years ago and they are built fairly well. However, as M. Magis stated the clickers are horrible! They are very quiet with no adjustment regarding the volume. I have since moved on to Quantum Big Iron reels and couldn't be happier. They are big rugged reels with a very loud clicker and are reasonably priced -- I highly recommend them over the CattMaxx reels. Throw a Big Iron reel on a 7' MH Tiger rod and you are ready for anything that swims in fresh water...

5. dip

dip dip

the reel casts good but doesn't feel like it has the guts to take on big flats or blues..... i rarely click anymore but those fellers are right when they say the clicker is wImPy. i yanked the reel and loaded a 7000 on the rod and it works much better. i probly should sell the reel as it is just collecting dust.

6. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I bought a Catmaxx over a year ago and have loved it. true that it has a weak clicker, but I can hear it fine. I don't really have a need for a loud one! ;) I am not a pro like most of you, but I know this reel works great for me. I just bought another one a month or so ago, but obviously have not used it yet. On the first one, I have caught several flats with decent size. I have not caught any hogs yet. I am new to the sport of flattie fishing! :) I have caught several 20's, a 25 lber, a 30 lber, and my PB 37 lbs. I have had no trouble handling them with the reels. the 2 larger ones were in pretty heavy current, so the fish seemed to be more like 60 lbs! :p I also like the rods. My first is a heavy action, and with the smaller fish, I thought it is a bit overboard. Especially when I decide to fish for channels with it. The new one I purchased, is a med heavy action. I plan on putting it to the test as soon as the flattie start hitting again. I just hope I have as good a year this year as last.

7. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Abu...stick to your user NAME brand..lol BP reels are junk!

Abus are..OK, but there are much better reels on the market than them too...wink!

Scott

8. i sale a american premier in my shop thats just like a 6500 for 45 dollers 220/20 line cp 3ball bearings crome plated brass frame aluminum spool and side plates brass gears bait clicker also has te big handle sold 6 so far and evryone loves them

Attached Files: