close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

catfishing trip 10-8-05

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by flathunter, Oct 8, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

H20 Mellon and I hit the scioto agin, Mellon got skunked, and I caught one small flathead...There was alot of baitfish activity on the water when we got there, but as soon as darkness fell it stoped and so did the bites..I think it's a daytime bite right now.

[​IMG]

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

guess you ain't lost your touch yet :)
    nice fish,jack.

3. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

dang !!! nice fish ?? did you get a weight ??

4. flathunter

to small to weigh, we estimated it at 13-lbs.

5. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

SMALL ??? yeah right, that would have been my personal best !! NICE FISH !! i bet you all laugh at my flatties if thats a small one. LOL

6. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Jack

The fish you catch in Spring and Fall help make up for the fishless nights through the summer.

The flathead don't seem to prefer the same weather that I do and only seem to bite when I am forced to be cold and wet ;)

7. flathunter

Robby you are right, next year I think I will target other species in July and August, this summer was a bust.

TCBA, I am not kidding on that, I am happy to catch any flathead, but that one is a dink.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

We missed the "prime" bit wby a couple hours, there was so much actvity on the water, in fact more than I've ever seen there before, but oh well, some guy wanted to deer hunt @ 3pm instead.......

9. flathunter

I heard thru the grapevine that Mellon heard a sasquatch while deer hunting.

10. flathunter

Bryan, are you OK?

11. H2O Mellon

I knew it was going to be a crappy night, laying next to me was a 6 foot injured snake. (I hate snakes) I someone got the guts to pick it up w/ my rod holder & slung it into the river, hoping something would hit it, but it seemed to have made it across. I hate snakes so I knew I would have bad luck. I slept like crap later at out cabin, thinking there were snakes under the bed. :oops:

12. flathunter

I am really gonna catch some fish this coming weekend, fishing sat and sunday, daytime only..I expect several flatheads...Also gonna try out a new spot. Actually not a new spot fished it once early this year, Brayn has never fished it, tried to get back the road once but it was to muddy....The bend and the new spot should produce some fish!

13. H2O Mellon

Funny, as I was leaving last night I thought of that spot.

14. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

That's a good one !!....lol

15. H2O Mellon

It should have this:

"We were too lazy to weigh it, so we estimated it at 13 pounds" :)