Catfishing the Ohio

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by zroe, Jul 29, 2008.

1. zroe

zroe

I am from central Iniana and was planning a couple day trip down at the Ohio River. I was planning on catfishing at night and sauger fishing in morning and evenings. I was plannning on going to tanners creek to launch because it looks easy to get to , and a couple good fishing spots along there. I was wondering if there was a better place to fish along the Indiana part that would be better. Also how hard is it to catch shad with a throw net down there. Just looking for some advice.

Zane

2. Its been like 3 weeks since i was down there but still in this miserable heat pattern, at that time, shad could be had by cast net right out from the ramp but they were scattered so prepare to cast for a while to get some, use trolling motor and wait for them to flip and hopefully youll have good aim with the net, last time it took us an hour to get about 8-10 shad.:( worse part was, when we used em, didnt catch a thing.....

Good luck, Tanners is a nice ramp to use.

Salmonid

3. zroe

zroe

Thanks for the info. I will probably be going down there wed thru fri when I get back I will post how the trip went.
    Zane