close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Catfishing Report 9-12-04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by flathunter, Sep 12, 2004.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Went over to the Scioto today, and actually caught some fish..Miracles do happen I guess :eek: ..Put 5 Flatheads and 3 Channel cats on the Bank..Nothing Big at all..Largest Flat was 14.2-lbs..Big Channel was 7.4-lbs..Considering the Luck I have had this year, this was a major event! :D All fish were caught on frozen cut shad
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

What general area of the scioto have you been catching flatheads on?

3. flathunter

I have not caught many flats at all this year, been a terrible year for me..I mainly fish from Cicleville, to portsmouth..Never North of Circleville.

4. wtg jack..i knew you would get into them flats..when you coming down and hitting the ohio with me?.were talking about an eagle creek outing again before winter hits

5. I'm glad you had a great day Jack!!!! You gotta watch giving out your secret spots (Circleville to Portsmouth);).

Lets get something together soon

6. flathunter

Now that I have a reliable vehicle, I will try my best to be at the next eagle creek outing..If someone has a seat in the boat for me.
    I would really like to hit the big river with you
    bigjohn..I have never fished from a boat in my life..I would like to make a trip over and fish with Jim also.

7. flathunter

I am game roadman, you name the day and I will try to make it.

8. Hey Jack,

I fish Paint a lot. I could get you out on the lake and we could scout out some good flathead water.

I should also have a seat for you at eagle creek.

9. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

He's got to get a permission slip from his lovely wife before he's allowed out on the water ;) Been trying to get him down her for years now.....
    I never say never though....sure would be fun to have one last gathering this year, I'll make an honest attempt to attend. This has been a real hectic year for me, I used to fish 2-5 times a week, now it's once or twice a month-tops. :(

10. Nice fish flathunter!!!I am always happy to catch any size.Daryl

11. flathunter

Jim, I dont need a permision slip anymore :D

12. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Okay....it will be neat to see you in a boat.

13. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Way to go Jack!

I have been flooded out more nights than I have fished this year :eek:

Sept is usually a reliable time for clear pool stage water but not this year.
    If I get a chance at flatheads before winter they should be really fat cause no one has been able to fish for them much.

14. catking

catking Banned

You are right Jackson. Miracles do happen :D Hey, what happend to H2oMellon anyways :confused: I guess he just plain gave up......... DA KING !!!

15. flathunter

I think Mellon Head gave up..I failed in my attemps to put him on Flatheads..But he has promised to put me on deer this fall...Getting ready to head out after channel cats at 10pm tonight..Hope this rain stired them up!

16. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I'm glad to hear you got fish. I have officially given up on cats. Maybe next year........

I'm hoping to get ya a deer though! Looks like its going to have to be in Bow season though.

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I'll probally hit the GMR a time or two for Smallies soon, maybe I can hook into a decent Channel & get my juices flowing again.

I ALMOST put my Classic Cat rods up for sale, but decided agasint it at the last minute.