Catfishing @ Mogadore

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tkbiker, May 8, 2008.

1. tkbiker

tkbiker Pole in hand

I was wondering if anybody has had any luck at Mogadore with Channel cats? Went last night and only caught a couple of the old yeller fellers . Fished both sides of rt43 caught the one's we did on the east side of 43 but want to get into some channels. Dont want anybody honey hole's just some tips on were to start. Mostly shore bound when i get out. Thanks in advance for any info given.

2. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

I've never fished there before. Sorry.

3. tkbiker

tkbiker Pole in hand

Neo thats not what i expected from you....LOL!

4. tkbiker

tkbiker Pole in hand

I should add that if you want to pm some info instead of posting it here please do. Thanks again!

5. We've fished for catfish there alot! Not this year, though. Last couple years we've been pullin' out a lot of 7 pounders. It was a blast. Here is a pic of my son from last year. I think this one was 6 lbs. It was awsome to watch him pull this one in!
    [​IMG]

6. tkbiker

tkbiker Pole in hand

Gab..Yep i bet that was a blast, do you fish from Shore or boat?

7. I don't fish for them but have caught them while fishing deep in the main river channel. If fishing from shore try down by the dam on the north side it's deep along there and the channel runs along it.
    Fred

8. That day we fished from shore. We've caught several 7 lb'ers from shore. I just got a boat last year for Mother's Day and we've done well from both boat or shore. Last year we caught 5 catfish with a total weight of 35 lbs in one afternoon! I have other pics but they are still in my camera. My son LIVES for catfishing!

9. I'm not a big cat fish fan, but when i go croppie or perch fishin (shore bound) i usually get 2 or 3 mud suckers, just kidding. All i use is minnows under a float. Find a bay or cove and the last hour before and during sunset I can almost gurantee you'll get a few. The majority of them out of there are pretty good size. Every time i hook one i'm afraid it's gonna break my featherlite pole.