close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Catfishing in BROAD DAYLIGHT?

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Rooster, May 27, 2005.

1. I was striper fishing the Ohio River, and I watch a guy catch about half a dozen blues ( solid 20lb fish) at around 1:00pm. Is it common to catch blues in the middle of the day at this time of the year? I’m thinking about giving them a try this weekend…when the stripers aren’t hitting…….if I can get some skipjack. Any tips on daytime blues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Yes, at the place you were at, they have been biting for 2 weeks or so. Cut skipjack, heavy sinker(3-4 oz) so it won't roll & put you into a snag. 6/0 or bigger circlehook.

3. catking

catking Banned

Yes, Blues hit good during the day in certain areas. There are a couple boys out in Missouri that catch all their flatheads during the day also. But they use a jon boat and drop their baits in the heavy cover.....I prefer blues still, even though katfish change my mind a tad bit... ;) And where you are fishing for them stripers, the cats stay on the prowl most of the time.... CATKING ........... :)

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Rooster, don't forget, that spot is overloaded with bait. It has to draw them, at least that's my theory.

5. Catking with all due respect…..

I’m NOT taking any advise from YOU until you can PROVE that you have at least purchased a fishing license this year (you don’t even have to actually fish)!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Have a Great weekend! :D

6. catking

catking Banned

You are blowin my cover................. :D ..................

7. I have even seen a few blues caught in the daytime ;)Come to think about it most people on this board have got their biggest during the day.

8. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Yep, both them and Flatheads during the daytime, submerged cover, drops and ledges keep on the move as these fish are moving right with the bait.

9. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Please dont tell me Da King has not even purchased a fishing license :( :(

10. catking

catking Banned

That is a very ugly rumor that was started by somebody I cannot recall....... :D To be honest ??? I'll plead the fifth.......... :cool:

11. :S "DA KING" thinks because he never catches anything he don't need a license. :S

Sliprig

12. catking

catking Banned

I believe Mike hit it right on the nose... I read the state regulations you receive when buying a license (last years) and it had all these length limits, and number of fish limits, and all kinds of talk that DA KING !!! found foreign .. So I figure this must have something to do with people who CATCH fish... :rolleyes: ..... All I can say is when I decide to come out of retirement, you all will hear about it ;) and it's getting CLOSE ....... :cool:

13. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

It was getting close last year, I think Da King is dead :D

14. It's good to here that the catfish are in there. I stopped fishing this area a few years ago when the gar took over. It was just too difficult to watch perfectly good bait get ripped to peices by those nasty long nosed fish. Those striped fish sound awfully tempting though.