Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
K C C O
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to take a couple friends out tom. for the last free fish day. We want to do a little catfishin river or lake. I really don't know this ares so I don't know were to go. We were thinking about going to Hover, is Hover a good spot, and if not were would you suggest?? any help would be great... thanks

·
State record bass or bust
1,810 Posts
I would usually suggest a river or creek this time of year but the rain has all those muddy and fast right now. So you're limited to a lake or pond. I'd rather do Alum than Hoover for cats. Id just go and get some bait at Cheshire Market on Cheshire rd then go back over bridge to the west side of the lake and go north. There are many small pullovers for miles if you keep your eyes peeled. There should be some cats in some of those shallow coves spawning right now. If you put on some nightcrawlers you'll probably get alot of mixed species action being early May. Everything should be hitting! If you're after cats exclusively then i'd use chicken livers up there. Actually i'd use a crawler on 1 rod and a liver on the other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts