close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

catfish stink bait

Discussion in 'Ohio Bait, Tackle, Taxidermy, etc. Marketplace' started by husky hooker, Mar 11, 2005.

1. where can i find some catfish squeeze the tube bait :confused: by strike king or others!!!!

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

you must have watch that show the other morning..when they were catchin those cats with it.. :D :p nice cats too..

3. no but my buddy and member moby dick did and has me going nuts trying to find it!!!lol

4. Check with that bait shop down near Tappen. You know, the one that has the guy that doesn't know squat about fishing the area. :rolleyes: ;) :D :D

5. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

I hear you used to dance in a flea circus Shortpoke. How much would it cost me to buy back my introduction to you? Yeah, if Husky'd just look on the wall here he'd see the darn stuff, lol.

6. If you want eater size bullheads and channel cats I simply boil field corn then let in sit for several days in an old cooler or two depending on much you want or need to cover a small area and keep it tight in a 10-12 yards area...
    This stuff will ferment ands smell kind of sweet and no matter how long you keep it just make sure it is fermented before using...
    I'll toss it out for several days then come back and use plain old night crawlers or cut bait and many times both...
    Larger cats seems to like live or cut bait alot more then stink baits and crawlers... to me anyway...
    I use the same corn for chumming areas to carp fish and since they bite at night too you may want to use good tackle when catfishing and your drag set to zero so huge carp don't take off with your rig!!!
    One of the biggest carp I caught last year was on cut bait fishing for cats...

7. last time i was down at the bait shop is last week and i was interested in something else...what can i say!!! ill be down,garys driving me nuts,clyde i use shrimp the most and liver.i catch a few pigs too,thanks for recipe though,

8. I forgot about shrimp and liver DOH... very good baits

9. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

A buddy of mine takes his kid catfishing all the time. He gets this bait at Wal-Mart or Dicks that looks like squares of moist dogfood that comes in a ziplock bag. It smells bad, but he always catches a lot of catfish with it. It's like $4 a bag.

10. i told u that u would run out of that stink bait before the crackers :D
    jimbo