close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Catfish Rigs...

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by TIGHTLINER, Jul 30, 2004.

1. I was just wondering what type of catfish rigs you guys prefer to use and what conditions are more favorable for which rig. I assume that the two rigs that I use are the slip-rig and the texas-rig. Am I correct in this assumption? Do you guys use other variations of these rigs or totally different rigs?

2. Slip-Rig?!?!?

Attached Files:

3. Texas-Rig?!?!?

Attached Files:

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

your "texas rig" is a standard 3 way rig.the two you use are the most popular.i and others also use a modified 3 way in which you slide a swivel onto the main line,then tie another bigger swivel to the main line below.hook and leader tie to the big swivel and a lighter leader and sinker to the small swivel.this make a sliding 3 way,which lets fish take the bait without resistance,same as the standard slip rig.

5. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Tightliner

Catfish rigs are only limitted by the imagination of the fishermen.
    Normally you should rig as simply as possible to catch catfish.

Here are just a few rigs

Catfish Rigs

I plan on adding pix of tactical rigs for bank fishermen this winter.
    These will include various alternate ways to deliver baits to remote locations.

6. The 3-way rig is my favorite. I mostly fish lakes, so the 3-way works great. :D I've seen more than a few "modified" 3-way rigs. I still use the basic 1 myself, but I may try a modified floating rig this weekend for fun!

7. i like a slip sinker setup, but instead of a swivel i like to use a bead and a bobber stop. I have not had any trouble with it sliping and it is a few less knots i have to tie. But if you have to cast hard then it might not be the best bet.