close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Catfish Recipe

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by RiverWader, Feb 20, 2008.

1. RiverWader

RiverWader Cottontail Mafia

Does anyone have a good Catfish Recipe? Would like to try and find one where I can bake some fish instead of frying it all the time.

2. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Catfish

Servings: 3-4
    Prep Time:: Less than 15 minutes
    Cook Time: Less than 15 minutes
    Cooking Method: Baked
    Main Fish: Channel Catfish

Ingredients:
    8 large Fish Fillets
    12 strips of bacon
    4 jalapeno peppers
    cheddar cheese
    salt and pepper
    butter

Directions:
    Prepare 8 large fish fillets. Catfish is what I used in this recipe but any type of fish will work. The fillets need to be thick about the size of a large pork chop, around 1/2 to 1 inch. Butterfly the fillet like a pork chop and stuff with cheddar cheese, bacon, and jalapeno strips.
    Secure the sides of the fish with toothpicks or string, the kind used when roasting a ham.

Glaze the fillets with butter so the top will brown and place the stuffed fillets into a baking dish or cast iron skillet and bake at 350 for about 12-15 minutes until golden brown.

Other Notes:
    Serve 2 fillets per person with a fresh green salad and ranch dressing or dressing of choice. A cold glass of white wine works very well with this dish

3. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I've been baking a lot of fish lately. I pretty much use the same recipe for all species, and it's delicious.

Wash fillets and pat dry with paper towel.
    Drizzle some olive oil on them.
    sprinkle salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder on them
    take some dried dill weed and sprinkle a decent amount on the fillets
    toss them around in a bowl to coat everything, and set them in the fridge for a few hours
    bake at 400 degrees until flakey

another one is to use the same recipe above, but instead of the dill weed, mix a 50/50 mixture of bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and put a decent coating on the face up side of the fillets and bake.