Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any pictures taken of catfish caught over the weekend or this year post your pictures here. I'm interested to see what was caught and what the stats of the cats caught were.

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are some nice cats keep them coming. I'll post pictures of the channels I caught from Friday night at marsh lake in Fairfield and the one I caught today on the GMR as soon as I can get to a computer. Keep this thread in mind to share pictures of what catfish you catch and stats of the fish. Good luck and keep the pictures coming.

P.S let make this the official catfish thread to share picture of your catch

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Caught this 28.13 flathead at Clark Lake in Clark County. Was caught on a live bluegill on bottom. Caught it right after the storm went through on Sunday the 7th. Who would have thought I would catch my PB at Clark Lake, not me.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are my pictures as promised the first to pictures is the channel i caught today 8/15 on redworms and my light action rod on the GMR it weighed 2.5 lbs
Fish Fish Bass Catfish Magur

Fish Fish Fishing Trout Coregonus lavaretus
this channel i caught at marsh lake 8/12 on secret 7 dip bait it weighed 3 lbs
Fishing Recreational fishing Fisherman Casting (fishing) Fish
this channel was also caught at marsh lake 8/12 on secret 7 dip bait it weighed 3.5 lbs believe it or not
Arm T-shirt Muscle Hand Elbow

Fish Fish Coregonus lavaretus Bass Mackerel
all 3 fish fought like they were a lot bigger in all in the past week i have caught 4 channel cats and total hours fished ia around 6.5 hours so i guess my luck is starting to change.

KEEP THE PICTURES COMING

Attachments

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I caught this one last month on a crankbait.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for sharing everyone posted some nice pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of fish caught this coming weekend and durning the week if anyone goes out. Keep the pictures coming stats and all what bait and where you caught it if it's your honey just say the name of the body of water I believe everyone need to find there own honey.

Good luck to everyone fishing this week and coming weekend.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I wish we had catfish that size up north here, those are some nice cats you guys catch down south.
there should be some decent size flatheads up your way (Miami Co.), have seen several 20+lb fish caught well north of Dayton, including a 30lb fish. just have to find deeper holes and longer, wider stretches of slow water. they surely are fewer and further in between than down here but have seen a few spots on bing maps that look really good for bigger fish even up into Piqua.

just like a very small creek or ditch with water, find a deep little hole and even it usually holds a few BIG chubs or 'gills.

·
Semper Fi
303 Posts
1st: Flathead caught on cut shad.
2nd: Channel caught on crank.
3rd: Channel caught on jig.
4th: Flathead caught on nightcrawler.
5th: Flathead caught on live izzy.

All just pictures off my phone. All this year.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With the weekend around the corner I'm am looking forward to seeing pictures of catfish caught of the weekend. So good luck and keep the pictures coming.

·
CJ Wolfpack
4,311 Posts
Haven't done much catfishing so far this year but plan on changing that here soon. I've caught some nice channels and 1 flathead while bass fishing,go figure. I've caught 'em at Kiser,Clark Lake,and CJ Brown (people in charge swear there's no flatheads in CJ either). Haven't taken too many pics this year of anything I've caught,getting lazy I guess. Tried to upload the few pics of the cats but they're not taking,gonna have to try again.

·
I DIDN'T SEE THE SIGN
566 Posts
I wish we had catfish that size up north here, those are some nice cats you guys catch down south.
These size are pretty common size Shovelhead Cats in the south most part of Ohio's rivers. I posted a Channel that is pretty common for the southern parts of the rivers. Haven't got into any blues for a few years though. Caught these tonight.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts