close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Catfish location....

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Lou, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Lou

Lou

I'm taking the wife and kids to Charles Mill friday evening on a nightfishing trip with a rented pontoon boat and was wondering if I might be able to get some general locations of the channel cats. I'm not looking to overtake a honey hole, I just need north end/south end; marina/dam type of directions to put the crew on some fish. I remember when I was younger that the area just south of the 430 bridge used to hold some nice fishing but with the previous dredging I don't know if that has changed.
    Also, are shad catchable with a rod and reel or do I need to invest in a casting net? I seem to remember the shad schooling at Gordon Park. Is there a baitshop that sells live shad?
    Thanks.

2. Lou

Lou

Yep, the 430 bridge still holds nice fishing.
    Added six more to the freezer at 6:30 am this morning.
    All caught on good ol' nightcrawlers tightlined right on the edge of the channel. My ten year old daughter tried to get some sleep but couldn't.:)

3. Good job. I bet you had a lot of fun.

4. Lou

Lou

Thanks Steve.
    I just have fun putting the wife and kids on fish. As long as their happy I'm satisfied just being out there. My wife likes going to a spot and staying there awhile/waiting for the fish to come to her. But she understands that if the fish aren't biting the kids will loose interest and I have to make sure that does'nt happen too early in their lives.
    So far, so good this summer.
    We're going down to Mohican in two weeks and I ALWAYS put them on fish down there and this time I'll be mobile in a canoe/ look out fish!
    So the summer is looking pretty successful thus far in keeping their interest up.
    Between now and the Mohican trip I'm looking for a good place to catch bluegill to add to our catfish. Any ideas?