close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Catfish fisherman at O'Shaughnessy Reservoir

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by GarryS, May 26, 2008.

1. I just wanted to make a comment about the shad left all over the parking lot at O'Shaughnessy Reservoir. Not sure if it was anyone off here. Maybe if they were they will see this... Its guys like this that give fisherman a bad name. There was no reason at all the leave them all over the parking lot. The trash can wasn't that far away!!!

Just my 2 cents
    GarryS

2. Steelwolve

Steelwolve COCC- Director

Well without knowing what the scene of the crime looked like I just wanted to make a couple points. It is my understanding that the city does not want dead fish in the trash cans, smell, and animals raiding the trash to get to the fish is the reasoning, now mind you some of the better areas have very secure lids on them so I dunno. Also dead shad end up along the banks every year and lend to be a food source for some animals. I usually empty my bait into the water when I'm done for the night, not in the middle of a parking lot. I guess all I'm saying is that I see alot worse things being left by ALL kinds of fisherman than some biodegradable shad. For me a Styrofoam worm container, and a plastic lure package, and a 20 0z. bottle of pop, are things I pick up off the ground almost every time I go out Catfishing. I understand your post completely, but I did take it as a knock on catfishermen, which unfortunately I have found in the past to have a negative stereotype, and just wanted to chime in. Just my 2 cents...

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i don't think garry was actually knocking catfishermen.being one myself,that would cause me to go over to his place and fill his livewell with dead shad:D;)
    just kidding,garry:D
    i would have thought the same,since a bunch of shad laying around would not normally be associated with eye fishermen or bluegill fishermen;)
    and you're right.the trash cans are off limits for fish of any kind.i do as you do.toss leftovers in the water.but i'm sure you'll agree that there are slobs(not stereotypes)in the catfishing ranks,as well as in all other "groups" of fishermen.

4. Thats ok Misfit.... The bass have left me plenty of good things in the live well....

Far as the trash cans... I figured I would get SLAMMED if I said along the water and banks....LOL

I don't know anyone else that would use big shad like that .... Thats why I said catfish fisherman.... I know there has been some tourneys up there for catfish. I agree with worm containers are worse... There is no reason at all to leave them in the parking lot like they did. There is no excuse in my book... I agree that other fishmen that do the same...

GarryS

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL.yeah,i hate when they do that.especially when i forget to clean it out for a few days:eek:

6. Yes. A bass left me a baby duck once from Griggs.... I didn't see it until I woke up later and walked out in the garage.... Wow!! The smell...... LOL I thought maybe I had forgot a bass in the live well.... The guy that got the bass out of my live well didn't see it and I forgot to empty the live well. Wish it would of kept it down until after weigh-in. It only went a little over 3 lbs. When it hit you would of thought it was a 6 lber.... Almost got my pole when it hit that buzz bait...LOL

GarryS