close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1. I've used livers, shrimp, worms, bluegill, shad, and various "stank baits". Wondering what everyone thinks is the best cat bait?

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Cut shad, live shad, cut sucker, live sucker, Bluegills, green sunfish, warmouth, shiners, chubs, goldfish, nightcrawlers.

3. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

flathunter pretty much covered it if you are looking for the larger catfish, not that he has much experience on the subject though. His fishing buddy mellon jaws may be able to elaborate on that.

bill

4. doesn't really matter. :p Consistency matters to me. It would be nice to get that 50# fish but it's even nicer not to get :S

5. bill_gfish

shad in the lakes around here will give the best average fish. 5-10 lbs. stank baits will yield 1 and up. but mainly the smaller fish. I say shad in lakes for channels and occasional flathead. But to target big flats in Grand Lake I would (and will) use blue gills and chubs live.

bill

6. dip

dip dip

clam snots.

7. shad guts have proven the best bait for me

8. Ok what the heck is a clam snot?

9. mrjbigfoot

mrjbigfoot Mike

If I'm fishing for big cats, I'll use big bluegills, warmouth, skipjack shad or even smaller... other fish... if you know what I mean...LOL! There's nothing better than having a big bait out there & having something hammer it... you know it's not a little fish when that bait clicker starts ripping zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! LOL!

10. bill_gfish

you know when you significant other gets excited... ok maybe not that but I believe clam snot is the part of the clam thatS NOT the shell? otherwise the muscle.

bill

11. gar

gar

ive used them all too!! But Ive heard from a friend of my grandfather that his father and grandfather used believe it or not Ivory bar of soap cut into small pieces,try it you may like it

12. I've heard that before. I wonder if it starts making bubbles in the water :p

13. If it doesn't work, at least you can wash your hands before you go home!