close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Catfish at nimi?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by redman, Jul 5, 2004.

1. I was thinking about trying out nimi for some cats, but every time i have been ther I have caught next to nothing. Does anybody have any tips on where to catch some cats or what I should try to use? I normally goto highlandtown but we went friday and got totally skunked. It was hard to launch the boat, The truck almost went into the drink and you had to climb up to get back on the docks. The water is going down real fast there.
    Thanks for any help that you can provide.

2. steelhead1

steelhead1 Pikie Bay

The best spot out there IMO is the lauch ramp off main. Park facing the woods and take the path back in. It about 1/2 or so walk and there is a nice clearing. Deep water within a good cast.

Plenty of Bullheads (nice ones) and the occassional Channel Cat. I like to use Bookers dippin bait on a spounge hook (a small piece of crawler as well).

I have caught some nice channels in the main park off Christman. Fish in the corner, there is a picnic table there.

Hope that makes sense :D

3. Dingo

Dingo

The biggest channels that I have caught in Nimi were right off the parking lot at the end of the road that leads to the campsite enterance. This is the one where you would park to walk out to the gas wells or the electric tower, off Christman rd. Nice shoreline area in a shallow flat where they come up to feed. A nice point to the right of that area that leads across the large bay as well. Caught a few exceeding 30" in this area -- all after dark.

4. My neighbor caught a 12 1/2# channel out there Saturday, along with several 5-10 pounders. I don't know where he got them exactly, but I know he did catch them on cut bait. Bluegill I think.

He was in a boat.

5. Thanks, I am try to get geared up for some more cattin this weekend and I have always liked nimi but never did any good out there really. I probably will take the boat out. so I cant try just about anywhere in nimi.

6. I have seen guys catting from boats directly out from the campground launch, a little more than halfway to the big island. I think someone else mentioned this spot as well.

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Any luck with the kitties on Nimi???

8. iv gone out there a fiew times and we walked out to the gas well things. we used chicken gizards and chicken heart. and i also got some channels at the bridge by eddys on a worm. i havent been out catting this year yet. i hope to go out soon.

9. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

last summer I went there and caught 7 cats on bottom bouncers with floating worm harnesses looking for eyes, caught two but we couldnt keep the cats off the worms just drifting. try drifting