close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Catfish at east fork?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishymcgoo, Aug 2, 2007.

1. fishymcgoo

fishymcgoo I DIDN'T SEE THE SIGN

has anyone had any luck at east fork this year. i havent fished there in a while but i used to have good luck with channel cats. i am thinking about making a trip there but i have heard the fishing isnt what it used to be. any help would be appreciated.

2. well i havent specifically fished for catfish in there this year but i have for bass...we have caught several catfish on bass lues and actually landed a flathead... and lost a big flathead all on bass lures... so it is likely decent fishing... GL

3. I was just wondering the same thing myself - not trying to derail the original post, but if a person wanted to get a campsite close to the lake and catch a cat or two from the shore nearest to his campsite, what part of the lake would that be on?

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Unfourtantly like most state owned lakes there isn't any camping access on the banks. East forks a flood control lake, certain times of the year the camp ground would be underwater.

5. went sat. night, caught 2 shovels 1 blue the biggest was 35 lbs shoval. dont have a boat so it was from the bank. i will tell u the hot bait was @$#^&$@

6. Yeah, I curse at the fish a lot too! Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't! LOL

Thanks for the info! I'm trying to make some time to head out there for the first time. Seems like a really nice place and it's only about an hour and a half from my house.