close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

catching report...finally..

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by crappielooker, Feb 9, 2005.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

this forum has been pretty inactive in quite sometimes when it comes to catching reports.. so i thought what the hay.. i'll take a little drive to the windy city and try to catch something.. instead of an occasional icebergs here in columbus..i only wanted to at least catch a fish..1 was all i asked..
    bright and early monday morning i took off in the thick fog.. almost got killed by several people along the way(thats another story in itself) :rolleyes: anywho, got into the city.. did my deeds, went to wacker to pick up a few things..and off i went, lockport here i come.. :)
    the temps couldn't have been more perfect.. seems like it was a whole lot warmer there than it was in columbus on sunday..and the water temps was even warmer.. i setup and had my rods in by 1pm their time.. first fish came in about 20minutes later.. here i am hearing my reel clicks and my alarm screamed.. i was in heaven.. :D she wasn't a big one by anyone's standard.. coming in at 8lbs, but i was happy as i can be.. what the heck, i said to myself, might as well catch a lil' more while its warm out.. so i cast back my rod.. change my other bait to my own lil concoctioned flavor and cast out to where the last fish came from....seems like 10 mins later my alarm screamed again.. on my flavor this time.. wooohooooo i yelled.. soo here i am fightin this thing thinkin another small one .. when he came close to the bank, i couldn't believe it.. almost double the size of the first one.. :D maaaan. my heart was poundin soo faast i could hardly stand up.. lol.. it kept me on edge for awhile because of snags in the water, but i finally landed her after 15mins of fighting.. she weighs in at 18lbs and some change.. again..not a huge fish, but it sure beats catchin a cold..especially knowing my flavor worked, that in itself, made the trip worthwhile..lol..
    anyhoot.. i stayed and fish for 3hours and landed 5fish.. lost several due to hook pulls and pee trip..
    no pictures from this trip because i was in such a hurry to leave i forgot my camera.. plus it was really wet and miserable there.. and i was alone to boot..i know i will be heading back there to represent Ohio in the president's day fish-in.. thats coming in 2 weeks..anybody else going too??
    ok..i'm done for now..lol.. i can't wait til spring.. :D

2. Glad you did not drive all that way for nothing :) Congrats

3. Sounds like a good trip. That 18-lber is nothin to sneeze at.

4. catking

catking Banned

Good deal Ak !!! The lakes down here are still ice locked . The rives are high and muddy also. I bet it felt nice to hook into one ;) DA KING !!!

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

it felt orgasmically great.................. if that means anything.. :p :D

6. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

LOL...hey AK, glad ya got a few...it wont be long now(I HOPE!!!)
    The ole rivers back up and rag'in again..geez!

Scott

7. Congrats! Ak. bet it felt good to get out and hook a couple. Good luck at the fish in.

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Glad you caught some fish dude!

9. You been hangin around Tim to long :D
    Nice story

Sliprig

10. It's about time you caught something :D . At least you don't have to give up carp fishing now... Really, though, it was nice to finally hear some carp catching reports...now if we could only get into some Ohio fish.