close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Catching Perch without live bait

Discussion in 'Panfish Discussions' started by Wow, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Wow

Wow Will Yak For Food

I'm going to NY to fish by invitation with my brother on Chautauqua lake(North End), this weekend. He usually take his boat out with his grandkids and looks for schools of perch..................... Without minnows, what artificial baits should I try on these schools? I would like to try for walleye or bass, but I don't know this lake at all. I'd appreciate any help. --Tim

Boat Captain Sm.jpg

2. Ice fishing jigs and small plastics, small jigging spoons, and blade baits.

Saugeyefisher and chaunc like this.

3. Have them delivered to his house

4. I did very well earlier this year catching yellow perch in the creeks and rivers on a 1/16oz or 1/32oz red jighead (depending on water flow) tipped with a 1 1/2" crystal shad stubby butt.

You can hop these on the bottom, reel them straight in, or drift in the current. These were very effective and could be casted well.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass...dies?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions

My outfit was a 5'4" G-Loomis GL2 ultra light and a Shimmano 1000 Saros spooled with 2lb dia. Power Pro.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  5. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Gulp 1" minnows.

the_waterwolf and Steelhauler like this.
  6. Wow

Wow Will Yak For Food

On a jig -head or naked? --Tim

Hat-and-Glasses-and-a-Pipe Sm.jpg

7. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

1/32 oz unpainted jig.

8. This!