Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man it seems like every time I have a chance to fish the weather doesn't play nice. I drove through Edon Ohio and just literally a few miles across the state line to Hamilton Lake in Hamilton Indiana. Probably the best largemouth fishery in Indiana. It was the first major cold front we had this year and needed to figure out how to catch them. This video I show the thought process I go through to finding the right location and presentation to putting some nice fish in the boat. Not to mention a DNR check while out there. The officer was super cool and gave some great information on the lake! Hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love fishing just ahead of a cold front.
Me too! The day before would have been that. It went from 90's to 40 degrees the day I fished. The cold front came through that night and I was fishing the backside of it. Falling pressure usually accompany's that and the for some reason fires them up!

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
Great video,as always! Your my favorite ogf utuber,bye far!!!!
Fyi usually the antireverse is a quick fix at home! If its spring loaded just reset the spring. If the spring is missing or damaged I've had luck using a spring from a clicking pen.....
Anyways,thanks for posting! I always enjoy it ...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great video,as always! Your my favorite ogf utuber,bye far!!!!
Fyi usually the antireverse is a quick fix at home! If its spring loaded just reset the spring. If the spring is missing or damaged I've had luck using a spring from a clicking pen.....
Anyways,thanks for posting! I always enjoy it ...
I know what to say other than a "Big Thank You". Really appreciate the kind words. Thanks for the tip on the spinning reel. I take baitcasters apart and replace bearings and clean them on a regular basis. I have not done that with spinning reels. I'll dive into that one and see if I see that spring your talking about. I hope it's a easy fix. If not, it's not a huge loss. I got that reel with 2 others in the Bargin Cave at Cablea's in Dundee Michigan. Think I only paid $25 for them quite a few years back.
Tight lines brother

·
Registered
166 Posts
Loved seeing this one. I have a place there.
Black Creek is the main feeder creek to Hamilton, it's empties out in the shallow bay south of the marina on the northeast corner.
They treated for weeds three different times this year, drives me nuts.
Thanks for sharing I learned something today

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Loved seeing this one. I have a place there.
Black Creek is the main feeder creek to Hamilton, it's empties out in the shallow bay south of the marina on the northeast corner.
They treated for weeds three different times this year, drives me nuts.
Thanks for sharing I learned something today
Yep. Thanks for filling my void on the memory of the creek. You talking about by Clark's Landing, or down in the Mill Pond by Laker's Restaurant. I have a Ball Lake video from last year on there too. I think the water runs from that into Hamilton Lake through that Black Creek?

Appreciate all the nice comments. The more subscribers and likes we get on the channel the better it is for us.
Tight lines

·
Registered
166 Posts
Black Creek is south of Clark's and kinda of north of the hotel, empties out into a shallow flat. That area is called Cold Springs and it's where I have a place. Mill Pond is where the outflow is, there's actually two of them, one is clearly visible and one not so much. There is a small drainage ditch (not quite what I would call a creek) that comes in the lake at Clarks and there is a few others around the lake like it but they tend to dry up unless it rains, which hasn't been a problem up there this year.
You were spot on about the pressure that lake gets, I would almost bet there is an average of at least 3 tourneys a week from ice out to when the lake freezes. By the looks of your video you must have been there during the week
I did see your Ball Lake video and often wondered about the access there.

Again thanks for posting

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Black Creek is south of Clark's and kinda of north of the hotel, empties out into a shallow flat. That area is called Cold Springs and it's where I have a place. Mill Pond is where the outflow is, there's actually two of them, one is clearly visible and one not so much. There is a small drainage ditch (not quite what I would call a creek) that comes in the lake at Clarks and there is a few others around the lake like it but they tend to dry up unless it rains, which hasn't been a problem up there this year.
You were spot on about the pressure that lake gets, I would almost bet there is an average of at least 3 tourneys a week from ice out to when the lake freezes. By the looks of your video you must have been there during the week
I did see your Ball Lake video and often wondered about the access there.

Again thanks for posting
I didn't know about Cold Springs. I've been by the hotel many times. I've launched at Clark's landing before due to ramp being full. My folks are friends with Jeff over there at Clark's. You are certainly right about it being a weekday. I took a day off work on a Friday. I've went there during the week before on Tuesday and Wednesday and had tourneys going on during the work week. Thanks for the extra information. I certainly appreciate it!

The access at Ball has enough for just a few vehicles. Good cement ramp, but no dock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts