Ohio Game Fishing banner

Catawba or Turtle Creek Tomorrow 4/11?

4K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  tomb 
#1 ·
Planning on Turtle Creek tomorrow or maybe Catawba. Anyone else going? Not hearing many positive reports but happy to share. Meerkat on ch79 or drop me a PM.

#5 ·
Just received a report from three of my friends that have been at Turtle since Friday. All three are seasoned jig fishermen. Blanked on Friday. Unable to fish Saturday and blanked again today plus brutal conditions. Plenty of marks but fish had lockjaw.

#16 ·
LEWT report

We had four bites yesterday all on Bandits Barbie, Pink Lemonade and another white bodied custom Bandit.

50 to 70 back going with the waves most of the time with no kicker. Speed was all over the place with the wave surge.

We pulled two near A can in stained water. Went to Flat Rock, pulled one and went back to A can and pulled our 4th in the last hour of fishing.

We could not get a bite on any other color if it did not have white in the body.

#19 ·
For what it is worth, about 10 days ago we caught female hogs just east of Marblehead that were spawned out. I am certainly no expert but could it be a more spread out spawn than usual with some that have already dropped their eggs moving east?

#22 ·
Hi just got back today from four days of camping at Turtlecreek Friday was no fish Saturday was a bust the wind finally laid down about 5:30 PM and we got out and fish for an hour with no fish . We got out early Sunday morning and fish for two hours before the weather got too rough no fish again . Today was pouring down rain so we never got a chance to get out .the water visibility in the western basin is about 1 inch . We had four people on our boat and we were jig fishing the whole time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.