close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

catapa worms

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bluebuster6912, Aug 1, 2007.

1. I was wondering if anybody had tried them out at Ceasars Creek? Or any other big lake in SouthWest Ohio. Also has anybody caught many fish besides catfish on them?

2. I know the old timers in the south like to use catalpa worms for catfish bait, but I've never heard of anyone using them to target anything else.

3. I grew up using them for pond fishing; they would catch everything in there. My parents live on 3 acres of Catalpa trees so we always had them for fishing. They quit showing up in any kind of numbers anymore and they are usually so high up in the trees you can't get them. I can remember collecting so many of them that my brother and I would sell them to a bait store for fishing lures. I've never seen them for sale anywhere, if I you did I would grab some!!!

Jarrod

4. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

bluebuster I think I have already answered this on another site...but they will catch everything in a pond...just depending on if the fish is willing to bite...we have always targeted cats and big bull bluegills with them...but as far as getting them...unless you "pick" them yourself...you can buy them at paylakes only at certain times of the year...same for picking them....only the months of july and august you can find them

5. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

stopped by Crawdaddy's yesterday and they had a sign up for Catalpa Worms.