Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the sandusky river is good for bigger cats? Looking for a place to sit from shore in the evening hours with the family and not have to worry about the "park closes at dusk" signs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
try the sand docks in femont . i would go there by yourself first . it might not be the best place for family. theres not to many police that potrol back there if you know what i mean. we have cottage at whites grove and there is a place on the other side of the river to fish but i dont know how to get there. it would be better than the sand docks for sure. i will take a drive and find out how to get to the other spot, and get back to ya

·
Set The Hook`
4,215 Posts
I think to get too the other side u have to park on ohio ave somewhere and walk down?? im assuming...ive fished the sandusky quite a few times and caught cats no bigger than 5-6lbs....good size cats but nothing to go bragging about.....we fish off of memory marina for them.....there is a big open mowed grassy area thats in fremont right on the river that u can use too camp too that ive always wanted to cat fish....really nice calm water and completely open.....i will hafta check next time i am in fremont and see how to get there exactly....it was by i think the water treatment plant??? i think dont quote me on it though! goodluck

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah scum frog that area you are talking about is right by my house i wanted to try there also i think im gonna go down today. Im also interested in the sand docks but im gonna have to ask around to see were those are. I fished whitemans grove last weekend for an hour or so and caught 3 cats of allright size it was a good time they all came in a 30 minute period. Definatly would like to go back there but its a weird situation to ask to go there.

·
gotta love bass thumb
480 Posts
by the water plant is the sand docks nice place for cats get off at the walmart exit head towards the fair grounds go left at the light and go through the stop sign around the curve by the water plant and bam ur there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts