close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cat Bites

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shortdrift, Jan 14, 2005.

1. No, not flatheads or channels or blues! ***** cats! :mad: One of those worthless animals bit me at the local feed store on the 10th. The animal had no rabies shots so I was worried and spoke with my doctor who said to get into the emergency room at Medina Hospital.
    Well I spent 3.5 hours there and won't go into details but was told that cat bites are one of the worse and I would most likely get an infection. $50 of antibiodicts and homeward bound. Felt like crap on the 11th, little better on the 12th, OK on the 13th so I did some outdoor work and now on the 14th I am again pretty sick.
    I checked with the feed store and they had not been contacted by the health department as of the 12th so I decided to do some checking. The health department said they didn't receive the hospital report and as such nothing was done regarding the cat as of the 13th. Checked the hospital and they show that a fax was sent immediately on the 10th. They sent another early afternoon of the 13th and when I checked with the HD again in late afternoon they still had not looked at the received fax. I won't detail what their liesurely plans were regarding this matter but I would have been dead by that time had I contacted rabies! :eek: At this point in time I proceeded to tell the young lady I was speaking to that her planned course of action was unacceptable from a time standpoint, and I did so in a very emphatic fashion with well chosen words, all of which would be acceptable here on OGF. I was transferred to the supervisor and had to leave a phone message of equal emphatic wording. The supervisor returned my call after hours and informed that they had not seen a rabies case in many years and that is when I went off! :mad: I told her I did not want to be the first person in many years to contact and die from rabies due to her departments assumptions and lack of required action and also informed her I planned on tracking this to the end aswell as keeping a complete and detailed record of everyone I spoke to. There was a sidden change in attitude and she assured me that she had spoken to the store regarding a quarentine of the worthless animal and would personally see to it that it was followed up.
    Sometimes I think it might be a smart thing to simply open a lawsuit so public service departments funded by our tax dollars might wake up and start doing their job but I'll just sit back and watch how this is handled prior to moving in that direction.
    Just in case I do die from rabies :rolleyes: I hereby will my new, unused boat to Lewis and my truck to Misfit. My walleye gear to Walleyeguy and the rest of the fishing equipment to OGF for a raffle with the proceeds going to ........????? :p

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

if that ain't a big crok :mad:
    i'm amazed at the way some people respond to a situation :confused:
    i'm afraid i'd have paid a personal visit to the hd by now,and probably not been as "polite" as you.
    hope you get to feeling better,with no further effects.

ps....................but just in case,i want to thank you very much for the truck,in advance :D ;)

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

sorry to hear this happening to you shorty! Is this place a pet/feed store or is it just a feed store with a cat running wild in it??

4. is the cat all right?

5. catking

catking Banned

Funny thing about rabies. If you get bit from an infected animal , and wait until symptons occur, you might as well go out and dig yourself a 6' hole ;) cause there is no getting better......... Thought you might want to know this :D .............. Lewis get the boat :confused: What's up with that................................... :p .................. ~**~

6. Poor thing must be scared.

7. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I hope they catch the cat so they can see if it caught anything from You! I'd hate to see the cat get sick! :eek: :D

8. shortdrift,
    i'll go shoot the cat for ya if i can have the boat...lol...sorry man
    hope you feel better

9. 1) It is a feed store with a roaming cat.
    2) Cat is fine but they say it is spending a lot of time watching the pet fish they have and keeps dangling a piece of string in the bowl.
    3) I know about the symptoms and that is why I got into it with the Health Department. I plan on writing to the local paper when this is over (and I'm still alive).
    4) Lewis gets the boat as he asked for it immediately after hearing about the possibility of rabies. :confused: He is a true friend as he promised to take good care of the boat and to bring a walleye to my grassy site. :D He even had me sign a note stating same just in case anyone questioned what was taking place as he didn't want anyone that would mistreat the boat to get it.
    :)

10. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Well....... I guess since you didn't plan on leaving me anything to safeguard for you.....................I hope you and the cat both recover soon.

11. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

And if you are going to kick it, could you hang in there until the end Of May?

I need you and your new boat to help me with the Bass Trip winners this spring.

Thanks for your consideration.

12. Good thinking about the bass trip Lundy. Can't wait. Shortdrift be carefull of lewis, he may try and bite you if the cat bite don't work. :eek:

13. Character Zero

Character Zero Smallie Phan

Shortdrift, i will destroy the animal if...................

procedes from the raffle can be directly deposited into my account, whereas, i, phishhead, do solumly swear to purchase an OGF members bass boat.....

hows that sound?

14. Thanks for the offer but the cat is mine :cool: , all mine :rolleyes: heh, heh.

15. ut oh... symptoms are setting in fast [​IMG]

Glad your alright Ron... [​IMG]

That cat should have been quarantined and or killed then checked for rabbies :mad:

Can I have your hunting... :eek:

16. Since I'm not in the will either :( , hope you feel better soon.

Sliprig

17. Juls

Juls Charter Captain

What did you do to piss off the cat? ;-)

Juls

18. He got a liittle "TOO FRIENDLY" :eek: ;)

19. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Ron, when I saw you the other day,you werent looking so good. :eek:
    I am going out to clean the garage now to create some extra space for the new boat! :D

20. Just wanted to thank everyone for all there well wishes and true concern. :rolleyes: :p ;) :D