Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are all the casting reports around Cleveland? They have to be hitting weight forwards now.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Was out a few days ago in the Avon area. 25-40 FOW throwing weapons and a harness. Nothing to show for the effort. Its slow right now for casting but it will pick up soon.

·
1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
2,005 Posts
Go look at Walleye.com blog. They seem to have more casters on that site.
We trolled for a few hours last Sunday WB and then drifted for 1.5 hours. We caught 1 walleye trolling and 2 drifting. Too many other boats around us seemed to have them in lockjaw.

Rickerd

·
Registered
778 Posts
When we brought our fish in to be cleaned at port Clinton fish cleaners,the head boats were also coming in.They fished between kellies and s bass.The stringers they had were meager and small fish.Capt Mike charter got his limit casting though.Think need a little warmer water yet.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
How about at the Islands?
I was over around Kelly's yesterday and saw quite a few guys casting. About 5 different charters out their as well casting. I saw them catching them. Not fast and furious, but they were getting some. I will be honest, I didn't mark a whole lot of fish around where they were fishing. They were in 30' of water, and I did my best fishing trolling in 25' of water. And marked a whole lot more fish in the shallower water. I left a report on here for the Kelly's area yest. Marked and caught fast action south of Kelly's in 25'. Marked a bunch of fish 8' to 14' down. Perfect for you casting guys. I think that is where I would try if you want to catch them casting. JMO

·
WALLEYE, SMALLMOUTH, LARGEMOUTH, PERCH, BLUEGILL
221 Posts
Got them casting Friday between kellies an south bass. No on color or depth.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still not much going on? Only seeing trolling reports. A buddy wants to take his kid out before they leave for NC for a few weeks but it doesn’t seem like it is worth it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Got a limit casting in Huron last Friday went out sat and only managed 3 in 2 hours switched over to bandits 30 back and did very well south and west of the dump. Fish are scattered all over the dump area. North south east and west small pockets. No a big school of fish yet

·
WALLEYE, SMALLMOUTH, LARGEMOUTH, PERCH, BLUEGILL
221 Posts
Casting bite was good between kellies and south bass the last 2 days

1 - 20 of 27 Posts