Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you mean you cast 240ft (80 yards) per cast?
yes 240 ' cast,i had best casts 290' with wind help.
first i do longest cast,every day is difrent it depend on wind,when i hit fish i count turns on the reel,now i know how far the fish are,if that is single fish is no defrent but school off eyes i get multiple bite.
i remember distance and by the clock where the fish was,like 11 a clock,now i cover 10 and 12 a clock.if is very dark and i can not see the line,when i hit fish i moove the rod left and right while fighting the fish and i know where was the cast.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New to casting for walleye from shore here. Anyone use a weighted bobber to cast out farther? This is what we did back in the day for white bass on Kelley’s when I was a kid.
you can try anything.
most people use stick bait HJ#14,red eye shad, ratle traps,floating,suspendig,sinking,it depend where you fish and how you cover from 5' to 30' dept,
you can use swim bait any size any jigs,depend on dept off water.

·
Registered
59 Posts
New to casting for walleye from shore here. Anyone use a weighted bobber to cast out farther? This is what we did back in the day for white bass on Kelley’s when I was a kid.
10 yrs ago on the rocks at Mazurik ramp access at night fishing with 2 poles with BIG bobbers with rattle traps. plus casting one got caught by the DNR and got a ticket. claim you could catch walleye if big waves.

·
223 Posts
The night bite has been very spotty for us this fall. We have made 7 trips during the brawl, caught decent numbers of fish on 4 trips and got skunked on the other three trips. The last two nights (tuesday and wednesday) were awful, not a bump for about 8 hours of total fishing.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just a thought. if there is plenty of bait fish a 100 yards off shore , why would they need to push bait into the shore.
#1 the fish has to be there,to catch them.
#2 if the fish are there,they have to be positive mood to catch them,if they are in negative mood not feeding,you will not catch them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts