Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally just troll all the time.But would like to learn the casting technique that people like best.And how to go about it successfully...bait,weights,speed?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
756 Posts
I normally just troll all the time.But would like to learn the casting technique that people like best.And how to go about it successfully...bait,weights,speed?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Go to Eye Keeper Charters drift and cast thread in general discussions and you will find all the info you need.

·
cheeryo
969 Posts
they sell casting harnesses at most of the bait stores, comes with a egg sinker on a worm harness usually about 24 inches long, gold always worked for us. choose your weight depending on depth and drift speed, 3/4 will just about work all the time. I like to cast out to the side, count down to the depth you want click your bail and let the harness swing in behind the boat. good luck!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just use Erie Dearies or big hair jigs for casting, sometimes harnesses. I thinks its best to not get too technical. Cast away from the drift direction and count for a particular depth. Think about 1 ft or depth per second. You want to be moving .5 to 1 MPH. Reel in slowly and give it some action if there are no waves or if moving closer to 1 mph just let it hang. Change up depths if out are marking and not catching. A friend and myself got over 20 last saturday off Cleveland with green color Erie Dearies. They were hitting high in the water in 60 ft depth. If you use trolling bags you can also use those to slow down the drift. Many days we were drifting too fast and the bag was the ticket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts