Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
#PimpMyBucket
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm going to drive up from Cbus to the Cleveland area this weekend, I think Sunday morning Im going to go throw some spoons off the beach close to PA, Last year I got a few this early. Its nice to get some spin casting, before I bust out the 8wt and blow my arm out until Spring.

Have you guys been getting rain up there? hope Erie isn't chocolate at the beaches :D.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The last couple days have been rainy. The forecast has rain Saturday and Sunday. I was pier fishing erie Tuesday and the water wasn't bad at al

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
834 Posts
I would think that surf fishing with spawn would be the hottest.

·
Catch bait???
4,018 Posts
Cast out some hot n'tots in firetiger. Friend told me a few days ago he hooked a hot and heavy hen but she threw the hook. He thought it might of been a sheephead the way it jumped but it probably wasn't.....

·
#PimpMyBucket
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, getting them off the beach is pretty fun, you don't have to worry about running into sticks, every once in a while you will get some really nice acrobatics.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
What kind of line are people using for casting spoons from the shore. I been using 10lb Fireline with 3 ft of 8Lb Flouro Clear Leader. Should I be going heavier? And does a Leader ever matter for the beach and pier fishing?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
You really don't need a leader when casting hardware. It's just a reaction strike. I use 8lb mono with no issues. Fluoro matters when using a float, but that's a different ballgame.

·
Registered
304 Posts
What kind of line are people using for casting spoons from the shore. I been using 10lb Fireline with 3 ft of 8Lb Flouro Clear Leader. Should I be going heavier? And does a Leader ever matter for the beach and pier fishing?
Been using 8lb mono for 30 years.Just make sure your drag is set.If you do use braid set it extra loose.With no stretch it easily pulls the hook out of their mouths or even straighten hooks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts