casting boo?

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Patricio, Nov 26, 2007.

1. anyone here fish bamboo for steelies?

2. I have three Heddon Bamboo flyrods from my dad but all the tips are broken. Hope to find someone that can see how repairable they might be.
    I also have a custom 7ft 4wt fiberglas that was made for me back in 1971.
    Used ut once for steelhead and managed to land a 29" hen (1 out of 5) then put it away, strickly for trout.
    I will fish the Boo if I can get them repaired.

3. I never have, but I do fish my boo for panfish, trout, & bass. One thing to remember when fighting larger fish on the boo. Turn the rod so the "bend" during the fight is not always down toward the reel or you'll develope a "set" in the tip pretty quickly. Just a little something I picked up from a guy who is a lot more knowledgeable about bamboo than I am.
    Mike

4. if you need someone to fix your rod, these guys can give you great info and suggestions:
    http://clarksclassicflyrodforum.yuku.com/

as for me, I just picked up my first boo rod I'm going to uise for steelhead fishing. lets see what gives. its a cheaper model, but I want to get a feel for it before I plunge down big $$$ for a decent one.

I did not know that ab0ut the tip.

5. ignantmike

ignantmike steelhead crazy

i got 3 boo rod's from someone during our clean-up day's in the township....but, all the eye's are rusted away....so i'm looking for someone to replace them......once i get them fixed,i plan on trying them out....i have never fly fished before but, would like to learn......