close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carson Palmer is gone.........

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by catking, Dec 13, 2004.

1. catking

catking Banned

Done for the year :( The boy was doing really good, and beating some of the best defenses thrown at him ( Ravens, Denver, Washington) plus a great game with the Patriots. It's really sad to see it come to an end this season. But he will return.......... THE CATKING !!!

2. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Where did you hear this? Is he really done for the year? Ugh. I don't know if I can take watching Kant-na throwing the ball. Hopefully the kid heals up ok. Time will tell.

3. catking

catking Banned

Just heard it on the 12:00 news. It was a knee that got popped yesterday. Kinta throws an interception in the end zone in what? about 3 minutes :rolleyes: Gonna be a long final 3 games........... THE CATKING !!!

4. catfish_billy

catfish_billy Is it spring yet?

Actually guys I thought taking Kitna out this year in leu of Palmer was a bad idea. Kitna had a terrific year last year and gave the Bengals something they hadnt had in awhile.......confidence at the quarterback position. I honestly believe they would be a few games over .500 if they had played him all season. Now as far as the interception against the Pats, two things.........1. He hasnt taken a snap all season and looked good up till then.......2. Look at the defense they were playing. Sure Cincy put up alot of yards, but the Pats will only give so much before they make the big play.
    Ive been a Pats fan for a little over 10yrs. now, but every other weekend besides this one I always root for the Bengals. Much like the Bengals faithful Ive gone through tons and tons of bad seasons with the Pats, so as you can imagine the past 3yrs. have been a long time coming for us.
    Ill be rooting for the Bengals for the rest of the season, I really hope they finish strong!!
    Bill

5. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

What are you guys complaing about? You could be Browns fans or should I say Cleveland Creampuffs fans!

6. catking

catking Banned

You are right catfish_billy. The interception was just something that happened. Hey, how many other teams have a backup QB with Kitnas numbers??? The guy did lead the Bengals to their first 8-8 season in years .And he is quite content on being a backup. I'm still hoping they are 8-8 after it's all said and done... Patriots??? Could possibly be the best team EVER. Look what they have done over a 4 year period...... CATKING.

7. Tee

Tee Team OGF

8. catking

catking Banned

It appears that the 12:00 news reporter had her facts wrong....... :rolleyes: Carson's knee isn't damaged at all. Just strained. He is questionable for Sunday , as Tee stated. This is great news ! I can remember another rookie QB the Bengals had that was simply GREAT !!! and got hurt his first season and never played again. Greg Cook......... THE CATKING !!!

9. The Rest of the Story:

An MRI found no more damage in QB Carson Palmer's left knee, but the sprain has made him questionable. Head coach Marvin Lewis said Monday that he does expect Palmer to play again this season, but his status for the Buffalo game hinges on his pain tolerance and flexibility throughout the week.

Also questionable is C Rich Braham (knee), the anchor of an offensive line that allowed no sacks last Sunday to a Patriots’ team that averaged more than three per game this season. In the last three games against the NFL’s No. 12 defense, No. 4, and No. 9 defense, the Bengals have allowed just three sacks, and six in the last six games. ( www.bengals.com )

...If you're a Bengals Fan, you have to be pleased with what you have seen this year.

I just can't wait to see what they draft this spring and the 2005 team...I think they'll be AWESOME!

10. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Hey King, I remember Greg Cook, did he come from Chillicothe?

11. Flat:

I beleive Greg Cook is from Chillicothe.

12. Flat:

13. Flat:

14. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

There's a serious echo in here. :D

15. catking

catking Banned

Thanks Jackson for the info !!! CK :cool: