Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give a heads up, that anybody that lives around Dayton/Cincinnati area looking to buy a Carrot Stix should head to Dixie Marine. Not sure how they do it but they are the cheapest place I have seen.

Regular LTX: $129.99
Gold Series: $169.99
Duckett Classic Gold:$209.99

Wish I would have seen these before buying two from BPS.

·
Registered
78 Posts
How are these rods? I've heard VERY mixed reviews on them, but none from anyone that actually uses them. Just hear-say so far!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have the LTX the cheapest version with a new shimano cu207 reel 7ft 3 and after reading this thread would love to have a nother one I absultly love the rod my partner uses kistler rods with revo reels pricey great combos helimun filled but carrot stick is lighter and so is the new shimano reel I recently hooked a giant 4.80 large mouth on my new 73 carrot stick and the rood preformed exceptionaly and liped the fish in a tournament great roods Kenny Q

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like mine pretty well, they are plenty sensitive and SUPER lite! The only thing that I will say about them , is that it seems that their idea of rod stiffness and mine aren't the same. What they call a MH I would call a M.

A great rod at these prices.

·
1,319 Posts
We also got a few new carrot stix in at Bass pro Rossford, we got about 12 of them in, and boy do they feel nice.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I wouldn't get one too many reports of them breaking and Boyd Duckett split ties with e 21 because of construction issues" the rods they sell aren't constructed the same as the ones he uses" and financial instability of the company

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't get one too many reports of them breaking and Boyd Duckett split ties with e 21 because of construction issues" the rods they sell aren't constructed the same as the ones he uses" and financial instability of the company
You shouldn't be surprised to hear that a pro sponsored by a rod company is not using the same rod that you and I can go buy off of the shelf.

·
Registered
252 Posts
great web site

·
Registered
733 Posts
I was considering getting one for drop shotting about a month ago but after reading about duckett parting ways with them and his reasoning, and the company having no response to his statements, I decided not to.

a few weeks ago I held their drop shot rod which in my opinion was a little stiff for my liking anyway. I ended up going with a st. croix legend tournament rod which I now love to death.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was considering getting one for drop shotting about a month ago but after reading about duckett parting ways with them and his reasoning, and the company having no response to his statements, I decided not to.

a few weeks ago I held their drop shot rod which in my opinion was a little stiff for my liking anyway. I ended up going with a st. croix legend tournament rod which I now love to death.
Here is the response from E21

CARROT STIX LIFETIME WARRANTY

Carrot Stix rods comes with an Original Owner Lifetime Warranty against defects in workmanship or materials. Element 21 wants to continue instill the confidence to you that we take this warranty very seriously and will always honor this warranty policy.

CARROT STIX RECENT BREAKAGE

Element 21 is aware of the recent breakage of our rods and has not only discovered the reason for the breakage, but also made the necessary corrections in our production cycle to address this problem going forward. Unfortunately there were several thousand rods shipped to customers before we discovered there was a problem. There is only one option Element 21 can do with the rods already in your stores or the rods your customers have purchased and that is to stand behind the workmanship. If there is a defect in the workmanship Element 21 will replace any and all rods that are defective as a result of manufacturing. Zero questions will be asked on manufactures defective Carrot Stix Rods!

Boyd Duckett

Recently, Element 21 and Boyd Duckett decided to discontinue our partnership. This was a mutually agreed separation and purely a business decision made by both Element 21 and Boyd Duckett. Element 21 has nothing but positive things about our experience with Boyd the last thee years, but both parties decided it was in the best interest to separate at this time. Element 21 thanks Boyd for all that he has done for Carrot Stix and wishes him the best in all his future endeavors.

In summary, I want to personally thank all of you for your support and commitment to Carrot Stix rods. Please do not hesitate to email anytime with your questions or concerns. Element 21 will continue to bring you the best and most technologically sound products the fishing industry has seen to date.

Kindest regards,

Nataliya Hearn

Nataliya Hearn, Ph.D., P.Eng.
President & CEO, Element 21 Sports Co.
200 Queen's Quay East, Unit 1
Toronto, ON M5A 4K9

·
Registered
252 Posts
called and said that you were having troble getting them and were supposed to call me back if you could I havent heard any thing back Kenny Q

1 - 16 of 16 Posts