Carr to announce retirement

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by KaGee, Nov 19, 2007.

1. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

As I posted a week ago, Lloyd Carr has scheduled a press conference today. Local news is saying to announce his retirement.

Bucks won't have him to kick around anymore.

2. Isn't John Cooper available? :eek: :D

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I heard a rumor that the LSU coach bought a place in Ann Harbor and is possibly the next Michigan coach. It makes sense. He is from Michigan.

4. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

This just tells you how big "The Game" is. 1-6 won't get er done, as a Buckeye fan I hate to see him go though.

Attached Files:

5. I also hate to see him go. I don't know about Les Miles buying a house in Ann Arbor yet, but I am certain that he will be the next head coach at Michigan. Can you imagine the millions of dollars it is going to cost to get him out of his contract at LSU.

6. First, let me say I am a HUGE Buckeye fan! Love to see them dust the Wolverines.
    Second, Lloyd Carr was not only a fine coach, but he's a good man. He made certain his assistants were given 2 year contracts so they would have jobs for at least another year. You have to admire the man's loyalty to his people. May his successor have as much class.
    Mike

7. Well said. Being that he is a coach from the team up north he does not get many positive comments around here but I agree that he is a pretty classy coach and has really done a fine job in his years there. He has been a bit rough with the press at times but they deserve it and should expect it when they are trying to interview guys in the middle of big games the way they do.

8. Carr was a great coach but has done nothing in recent years exept play second fiddle to OSU and get destroyed in bowl games. I follow recruiting pretty close and have to say that on average Carr out recriuts Tressel , that said he has squandered alot of talent up there over the past 7 or 8 years. OSU has had a crazy amount of players go pro in the last 5 or 6 years and most of them dont pan out but check out Michigan players from the same time period they are thriving in the NFL at various positions this tells me that Tressel gets the most out of his men and Carr dont. He plays alot of players out of position and refuses to evolve on offense at all....As a OSU fan I hate the fact that he's gone but as a fan of football it was time for a change.

9. Well stated KWILSON...I agree 100%

10. KaGee

Looks like Miles' team chokes in the big game too. Go get him Michigan! :D

11. KaGee

According to Fox Sports, LSU has given permission to Michigan to talk to Les Miles.