close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

carping thru the ice..

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by crappielooker, Oct 27, 2004.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i'm going to give it a try this winter..anyone else nuts enough to join me?? :)

2. catking

catking Banned

Double NOPE............. ~**~

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

what are you gonna use? cornsicles?

4. First of all I am not volunteering for Crappielooker mission impossible either.:D

I am just setting here trying to figure out how he expects to chum the area?:D You better getter a power auger because I can see a lot of holes being made.:D

5. I think TNT would be helpful :eek: for carp ice fishing!

6. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

NO WAY DOOD!..You can find open water in winter below spillways like paint creek..No need to go cRaZy

7. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

can you imagine the size of the hole???? picture CL sitting in his bivy (sp?) with 12ft rods going into 6in holes!

8. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

at least you know where he was fishing just look for all the corn scatered all over the ice ;)

9. crappielooker

i plan on using fairly heavy action walleye ice rod..long enough for me to clear the ice if i dunk the rod tip into the hole to play the fish..thinking 6-8lbs test lines max..
    so far no takers nuts enough?? just wait til i hook one.. :cool:

10. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

You know I will be game, wonder if there will be any carp in the East Harbor area ? By the way the pods work great on the ice, I know Richie up in Akron will set his up with a rod going in opposite driections and then drill the holes. Then he waits for the bite alarms, he has caught a lot of decent channel cats this way.

11. crappielooker

heyyyy..don't say that dreaded "C" word :D

12. haha it would be hard for me because i would have to sit on the bank and cast out to that little hole :D because im scared to death of the ice breaking

13. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

You know I"m in. Perfect place for it too ;)

14. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I beleive that you are allowed to have a larger diameter hole at lake erie....maybe 10 in or 12in

15. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Ice fishing....?
    AK are you crazy(dont answer that, i already know..lol)
    Glad the rivers dont freeze unless it gets VERY cold, if that happens i wont be out.

HAHA..want to go ice fishing but scared of ice...isnt that like wanting to swim but scared of the water? or want to catch fish, but scared of the fish......lol

Count me out...open water or nothing for me man.

16. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I'm in, but only because I want to see if you can pull this off.

17. crappielooker

well, at least there are 4 of us so far.. if we start catching some fish, i'm sure there will be more followers.. i know iceman (brian) did it before.. i'm sure he's in if i can get a hold of him.. :D
    any other nuts out there wanting to join?? :p

18. Ak,get 6 Frabill 1660 thermal tip ups,they are the round ones. I can't praise this product enough for carpin through the ice. Let's you use the same rigs you use in summer, the same way, only verticle. Oh crap too much info to type,if you have any specific questions let me know and I will help any way I can.

"The Iceman Fisheth"

"I'm not really a carp fisherman,I just play one on the water."