close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carping at O' Shaunessy?

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by CShaver8, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Hey,

I would like to go carping at O' Shaunnesy by the zoo docks to see if I can catch a few of those monsters. Has anyone ever done this? What shoudl I use for bait?

THanks,

CJ

2. Do you have a boat? Otherwise, I'm not sure how(unless you can cast far) you would get to it. As far as bait, I'm sure anything would work.

3. Oh, yeah i have a Bass Tracker. The carp get fed by the litttle kids that pay a quarter to get a handfull of birdseed and then throw it out for the carp. My freindhas these new "Carp Balls" made by beerkley in the Strawberry scent.

4. let us know how did it go! I think it will be like in a fish market :)

5. I am guessing i should use circle hooks, as well. As ugly as carp are, we will probbably only weigh the carp if it is a giant. The others we will pull to the boat and use pliers to take them off.

6. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Make sure you have a net handy. You shouldn't need pliers to unhook a carp 80% of the time. Just use small size 4 baitholder hooks, and leave the tip of the hook exposed. This will encourage the carp to run when it feels the hook. Also don't rule out bread (especially the crust) for surface action. If all else fails, use sweet corn on the hook or on a hair rig,