close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carpin' 8/6

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by BottomBouncer, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Only got out for a an hour or so......hardly enough time to do anything. Found someone fishing in my prevoiusly chumed spot......had to fish elsewhere. Nothing tonight, will try again tomorrow.

Fished with corn.

2. I fished Olentangy today - first time ever and will go back! I had 3 good runs, lost all of them. Then lost one more. At least one of them was catfish - i had stinkbait on this rod. I did not know why I was losing all this fish, then reazlized there is probably a big branch in the water and my line was getting snagged by it and the line (15 and 25 pound) would brake in a matter of a second. Well, not really brake - twice I noticed it was a knot problem. So starting today I'm using another knots for my hooks and swivels.

I really did it know that Olentangy is such a good place for carps and cats, I will go again tomorrow. I think that if I catch a channel, I will have to let it go, I heard this is not the cleanest river around.
    It is only 5 minutes from my home, I think I will find myself good spot and chum it nicely next Thu and Fri and then fish on Sat.

Do you guys carp at Olentangy sometimes?

3. I'm lost - cannot find what the "yupper" is and do not knot should I kick or thank...

Anyways Ak, do you go at Ole' sometimes?

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

yes, i occasionally fish the ole' .. its a great place to fish.. pretty much holds fish everywhere i have tried.. :)