close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

carpal tunnel in arms?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by leckig, Jun 8, 2007.

1. I woke up today with pain in my arm. Could that be the carpal tunnel? I fish for carp from time to time, I can imagine that their weight and strenght could do it to me. Any remedies?

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

could be anything.carpal tunnel will cause pain and numbness in your hand/arm as well as fingers(first 3 and thumb).usually in the back side of hand and wrist area.
    it's easily diagnosed with simple tests.
    yours truly has had it in both hands for years,and will finally be having surgery in a couple weeks.

3. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

My right elbow was killing me. I went to see the doc and I thought it was T.E. but it wasn't. Mine ended up being arthritis. Yours maybe T.E. or arthritis.

4. should I give up carp fishing? If I switch to bass, will it improve? I have never heard about a "bassal tunnel" but some bass fisherman may know better

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

greg,you caught me before i was fully awake:p :D
    but i'm sure if you caught any fish that hurt your arm,it would be in your dreams.that would explain the pain when waking up:p

6. hahaha, misfit, I was waiting for someone to wake up.

But in fact my arm does hurt today. I think this is because last night with Fishing_Chef we were dragging our float tubes through some serious woods which required real crawling, jumping over trees and running away from 15 inch horse flies which were trying to bite off our heads.

I have never encountered these horse flies before, what a nasty creature!

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

that will teach me to read the forums before i get my coffee down:D
    they are definitely nasty.but wait till you meet your first deer fly:eek:
    those things can light on you and you don't realize it till the damage is done.OUCH!!!they've left knots bigger than golf balls on me.