close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carp?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Goosebuster, Apr 5, 2008.

1. What bodies of water in ohio have you seen just monsters swimming around???

2. Hoghead

Hoghead FRIED FISH FEAR ME

You can see monster swimming around in our swimming pool when my mother in law comes over to swim on the Fourth of July!

3. CJ has some biggggg carp. Usually see them on the North side of the lake... in the shallows.

Surprisingly... our little city pond here in Urbana has some HUGE carp in there. The kids at the park all call "him" Jaws (I think there are several large ones but to the kids... It's one big fish.) You'll see them at the top of the water with fins sticking up out the water.

4. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

One swam by me in the creek last year that was easily over 3 feet. During the spawn in the North end of the lake they are everywhere along the shore. We often get "little" 3 - 5 pounders while jigging for Walleyes. Hardly anyone fishes for them on purpose but I'll bet you could do well.

Good Luck.

MC

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

lololololol

6. JPfishing

JPfishing go fishing

In troy, there is a pond where dp&l is on experiment farm road.

I go up there to catch bluegill for fun, just kill some time, throw lures to see the movement and what not.

Saw some huge carp in there swimming around. Carcass i found last summer was over 40". Big cats in there too. Guy was pulling 15-20lb. cats out of the water. tons of nice bluegill and small bass.

7. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

Buck Creek is loaded with big carp... up to around 25lbs... there is a pond along the creek which is now off limits to the public, but in the summer you couldnt count the number of huge carp sunning on the surface... was a heck of a place to go bowfishing... but as Lee has said, the small over-looked community park ponds usually have larger carp in them... even Reed park by the spillway of CJ Brown, has huge one in there

8. i have seen some nice ones at acton before, up to maybe 15+, no giants. the gmr is where i have seen the hogs the most often. also cc is loaded with small ones, and i'm sure there are big fish there

9. fishmasterflex

fishmasterflex Fish Master

At cc we stumbled on some big boys just sitting in the shallows off of a bike trail

10. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I have seen some swim by me in the Stillwater River.....sitting in the 'yak they seem huge..... :)

11. thanx for all your responses keep em coming i am taking notes

12. the LMR in some spots has some monster carp, and Shawnee Park in Xenia has some monster carp too.

13. i need more spots its gonna be a long summer

14. Hoghead

Hoghead FRIED FISH FEAR ME

Englewood Dam backwater/Stillwater River , GMR especially south of Dryden Rd./Broadway, Lucys Pond area of Indian Lake,GMR north of Taylorsville Dam to West Charleston Rd, Stillwater at Helena St. bridge

15. CamdenGizzard

CamdenGizzard Elroderator

thats funny **** man!

16. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

hahahaha amazing!

17. thanx for all you guys input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!