close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carp

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mojo, May 5, 2004.

1. Went out to some I-75 ponds for gills and got skunked so i killed some time at maumee bay again. Got 4 carp today and two channel cats all on my ultralight. largest was 28 inches. Lots of fun on that rod. Found a place in the big lake with good size gills too and caught about four keepers in 20 minutes (but they were released) but there were tons in there. they were being really cautious and most just stared at my bait. They were hitting on the surface too. Seemed real strange for blue gill but oh well. I'll be back later when it warms up more and they are really active.

2. Are you referring to Maumme Bay State Park? if so, which big lake are you talking about the bluegills?

3. catking

catking Banned

28" carp or cat, doesn't matter. That's a heck of a fight on ultra ;) Good for you !! THE CATKING !!! :)

4. mojo going fishing tommorrow in Irish hills with my fly fishing buddy. Gills on flies on the surface or just underwater, he's teaching me. Says its the only way. let you know late tommorrow.

5. mojo went to Irish hills wednesday. Gils will hit on the surface kept 22, one nine incher took a fly on the surface, it was to windy for me to learn to fly cast. so i fished a hook with a peirce of worm and a weighted bobber on 4lb. I spent 30 years catching perch and walleye. I had more fun on that light tackle. I even had a bass take a jump at my bobber. my buddy was catching them all day on the surface.

6. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

sounds like a blast on lite tackle.