Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I hail you all from Temperance, Michigan! I used to live in Independence, Ohio and I am going back to fly fish with my cousin for carp. He currently resides in Kent, Ohio and I am wondering where good places are to fish for carp near Kent or even Aurora, Ohio are. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am looking for people who have had recent catches of carp. Granted, old info is also good too. : )

Sam

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
You can try smuggling in a pocket fly rod into Geauga Lake ;) There's some bruisers in there. The closest place to Kent and Aurora that I've caught carp out of is the upper Chagrin, but from what I remember I didn't see any(was fishing for bass).

·
NE Ohio Fly Fisherman
195 Posts
One of the best places to fish for Carp are in Kent and Cuyahoga Falls....Off Summit St in Kent it passes over the little Cuyahoga River....there are quite a few parks and the one I go to is Tenny park...just park there walk down to the river and you can fish up or downstream....if your looking for the bigger carp there downstream past the old wooden bridge that goes to a park...from there downstream the water gets slow and there are lots of carps in there....also if you go to Rt 91 and head south to Monroe Falls...Just before you get to the McDonalds on the corner of Monroe Falls Ave there is a bridge....before you go over that bridge go into a park on the left ...its called Burst Park...Park there and you'll see restrooms...follow the trail to the right and from the bridge downstream its all good fishing...and there's a walkable trail that goes about 1/4 of a mile on the right...If you walk along the shore it will get to a deep hole that's 12' deep and I have pulled some monster carp out of there.....Lived in Cuy Falls for 3 years and had the fishing time of my life.....

:B:B:B

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of the best places to fish for Carp are in Kent and Cuyahoga Falls....Off Summit St in Kent it passes over the little Cuyahoga River....there are quite a few parks and the one I go to is Tenny park...just park there walk down to the river and you can fish up or downstream....if your looking for the bigger carp there downstream past the old wooden bridge that goes to a park...from there downstream the water gets slow and there are lots of carps in there....also if you go to Rt 91 and head south to Monroe Falls...Just before you get to the McDonalds on the corner of Monroe Falls Ave there is a bridge....before you go over that bridge go into a park on the left ...its called Burst Park...Park there and you'll see restrooms...follow the trail to the right and from the bridge downstream its all good fishing...and there's a walkable trail that goes about 1/4 of a mile on the right...If you walk along the shore it will get to a deep hole that's 12' deep and I have pulled some monster carp out of there.....Lived in Cuy Falls for 3 years and had the fishing time of my life.....

:B:B:B
I love you. Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.