Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Corah's Daddy
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is a good place to go to fish for them around central ohio? what should i use as well? thanks for the help.

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
almost any lake or river had them. use corn or doughball

·
Registered
19 Posts
Saw a ton of them below Griggs on the Scioto last night. They are moving up stream w/ the new rain. Some good sized fish if you can get them to take intrest in your bait.

On a side note...finally got into some smallies down there! It's taken me long enough! Once the carp set camp in the spot I was fishing, the bassin' stopped.

Good luck!

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
usually if there is a concentration of carp in an area you might as well forget about fishing for anything else there

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ive had good luck with them below Griggs using doughball dipped in whiskey. I prefer the west side, but the hill is a killer to climb down.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Ive had good luck with them below Griggs using doughball dipped in whiskey. I prefer the west side, but the hill is a killer to climb down.

This sounds like an entertaining trip. I am sure it doesn't soak up all the whiskey!

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
no the whisky is for me!! dough ball is just wheaties hahaha

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
havn't carp fished in several years but when i was younger we used to catch a ton of em using peanut butter sandwich's. put a little peanut butter (no jelly!) between two pieces of white bread and make a dough ball around your hook. may take a little expermenting to get the consistancy right but it is worth the effort.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I agree, below Griggs is a great place right now. I have caught them on corn, dough balls, and even chicken breast down there. It seems like they will eat almost anything this type of year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts