close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carp fishing the GMR?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Rooster, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Anyone catching any carp from the GMR? I plan to try for some carp on Wednesday after work. I will probably fish near Dravo Park. Anyone want to meet for some carpin?

2. Lazzyfishingman

Lazzyfishingman How you work is who u r!!

i will probably be up there at dravo with my daughter for catfish between 7pm to midnight. My daughter is mad at me for not going last week.. So, I have to take her out... She is 4 and loves to fish..

3. I'm might be able to make it. I've never been to Dravo Park, so I'd need directions.

4. I'll try to be there around 4 pm.

5. I'll be there by 5:00pm. Look forward to meeting anyone that can make it! I would be a BONUS to catch some carp!

To identify me: I carry a blue backpack and will have two large PVC rod holder that look more suited for flathead rods.

6. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

7. Lazzyfishingman

Rooster was that you down at Dravo yesterday. I was going to see if that was you.. I had my daugther and a dog with me. I think I got down there abt 630 or so. I was in a bad mood from work, so I did not want to introduce myself to any ohio game member like that... Well, I ended catching 2 silver bass abt 14"(sheephead) on worm abt 9pm that is abt it.. I tried shrimp and liver but nothing. I was going to stay later but got called into work.. S, I am now off to work....

8. Lazzy,

That was GMR_Guy and myself. At first, we thought that it was you, but when you immediately went downstream we were no longer sure that it was you. Since it was getting dark, we did not want to sneak-up on anyone down at the river. Sorry that we did not get a chance to meet! There is plenty of bank space down there, and maybe we can get a group of people to meet there sometime?

9. Lazzyfishingman

That is great.. It would be a good grp outing, but i think last yr only abt 4 or 5 people showed up. I wish it would rain a bit to get that river going for one more time of good fishing. Yeah, I know what you mean abt sneaking up on people.. However, I usually have a lil radio and looking for some chat. Not too often am I in a bad mood like yesterday. Sometimes there is a homeless guy down there and he keeps his camp over there at river rd and dunlap. I usually try to bring the dog down there, because she is a good watch dog.(more like chicken scared of almost everything). I heard a rumor abt dravo that they are going to close it off to fishing and everyone that does not get permission from (i think it is welsh gravel co) will be arrested... That is a rumor that i heard in the spring... Did you all do any good? This is the first year that I have starting getting into cat's, since i have caught many 10-20 lbs this yr..