close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carp classes at Bass Pro

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by ohioiceman, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Class is May 24th at CVG Bass Pro,run by "Catfish" Robbins.Anyone in southern Ohio know this guy? Maybe some Cag/OGF etc.. guys can attend.

2. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

CVG (covington)??? Is there anymore info available on this?

3. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Carp Class...?...ouch, thats almost as bad as those Catfish Classes...you guys are joke'in right????? Take a CLASS to learn how to fish?

Scott

4. CVG=Cincy airport code. I took several classes from a guy named Buckey Bob a few years back on euro style fishing and general carp care and respect.I take classes every time I fish with someone or talk with them about fishing.

5. Exactly Iceman...when i first got into serious carp fishing, i tinkered with stuff on my own...but it wasn't until I fished with Bob a few times that i really understood what i was doing. There is always some sort of value in what others do and say related to fishing in general...no one is such an expert that they can ever stop learning about fishing for carp.

6. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Good points guys,

Not to mention the fact that there are dozens of different methods to learn and going to outings, such as our CAG Fish-Ins, are great oppurtunities to learn and hone our skills.

7. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

I think you guys took that WAY to wrong...there is a big difference in spending time on the bank LEARNING...than sitting down in a room listening to someone talk about fishing....im way more hands on than that kind of stuff, too boreing!

Geez,
    Scott

8. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I do agree with that, but I'm still going to video day. I probably won't be there the whole time (UC is playing UK for the first time in 12 years)

9. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the united carpers of america..
    And to the fishes for which it stands,

Sure it sounds dumb to all of us but for a majority of the people out there it would be great. I don't know anything about Sturgeon fishing, before I went the first time I would love to take in an hour seminar on how to catch them. Sure after I have done it a time or two I would think that class seminar was boring, but it may of helped stear me in the right direction the first time I went out.

Some of the ideas we use like chumming and stuff is very foreign to most american fishermen. Something as simple as opening a can of corn and throwing it out there before you throw you bait out could be revolutionary to someone just starting out.

Also remember there is a good chance we will be hosting a sort of Carp College next year at the vacation show if all goes well. It will be sort of the same thing but it will be broken down into different segments, from Euro, to American Trad to paylaking. For a lot of people it will be shot in the arm and get the good word out about the sport we all love.

10. Scott...I think the whole point is that sure, some of us might not be interested in something like that, but Iceman was posting it for those who might enjoy it...and just letting us know it was out there. No need to talk bad about something you're not even part of...and even if i didn't learn anything new from it, i still think it would be cool to attend.