close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

carp bait

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by rbfishin, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Thought I'd like to catch a carp. Any suggestions for bait?

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

canned corn wheaties.

3. corn , worms, wheaties an vanilla or red pop or pineapple. Well good luck

4. Check out the carp forum there are some recipes for dough balls on there that work really good. I have also done good in creeks watching what they are eating, right noe the mullberrys are dropping and they will lay under the trees and suck they down.

5. Sweet corn out of the can, soaked in Vanilla. Just get you a small plastic bowl, something with a lid, pour in the corn with the juice, add vanilla, let soak overnight. 3 cernels on a # 6 or 4 hook. I like to find the carp in shallow water, then use a float/ bobber, set deep enough to get the corn on the bottom, and you are good to go.
    This setup has never let me down in the local water supply resavoirs that i fish. GOOD LUCK
    P.S. if you try this let me know how you do.

6. Sweet corn, frozen and thawed or out of the can, crawlers, doughballs. Just to name a few.

7. Del Monte whole kernel corn.

Toss a handful in the area you will be fishing when you arrive, use a short-shanked gold hook, fish one rig on the bottom, one under a float, cover the entire hook with corn..

Hang on...

8. bread is what i use. if their eating on top then just put a treble in a small peice of bread and let it float out. if their on bottom then i ball it up on a treble and just toss it out, no weight. works for me.

9. 01mercLS

01mercLS It's Fishing not catching

First get some bait that u want to use. For example, corn, chum the water up for a few days, then when you want to fish go to the spot. Sweet corn, worms, dough balls (bread), wheatie balls.