Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Check out the carp forum there are some recipes for dough balls on there that work really good. I have also done good in creeks watching what they are eating, right noe the mullberrys are dropping and they will lay under the trees and suck they down.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sweet corn out of the can, soaked in Vanilla. Just get you a small plastic bowl, something with a lid, pour in the corn with the juice, add vanilla, let soak overnight. 3 cernels on a # 6 or 4 hook. I like to find the carp in shallow water, then use a float/ bobber, set deep enough to get the corn on the bottom, and you are good to go.
This setup has never let me down in the local water supply resavoirs that i fish. GOOD LUCK
P.S. if you try this let me know how you do.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Del Monte whole kernel corn.

Toss a handful in the area you will be fishing when you arrive, use a short-shanked gold hook, fish one rig on the bottom, one under a float, cover the entire hook with corn..

Hang on...

·
Registered
63 Posts
bread is what i use. if their eating on top then just put a treble in a small peice of bread and let it float out. if their on bottom then i ball it up on a treble and just toss it out, no weight. works for me.

·
It's Fishing not catching
515 Posts
First get some bait that u want to use. For example, corn, chum the water up for a few days, then when you want to fish go to the spot. Sweet corn, worms, dough balls (bread), wheatie balls.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts