close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Carp and Cats --- Top water action!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ying6, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Well, while bass fishing yesterday I kept watching the surface to see what was going to hit all those cicada...
    You carp guys on here will love this!!!
    We werent catching squat, so I took one of the hundred cicadas on the boat and put it on a hook with a bobber and flipped it out there.. the guy floated on the water and in about a minute a HUGE carp came up and smacked it.. took us for a ride and we finally got the bull in.. went around 20#'s.. no joking.
    It was one right after another in the back of the bays and it was an incredible time, totally different but a lot of fun.
    If we let the cicadas drop under the bobber, within minutes we would have a catfish on. Caught a nice 5#er on one.
    So you guys who love to fly fish or carp fish.. it is a totally different experience but a heck of a lot of fun.
    ying

2. Wow Mike, you're getting to be a regular Al Lindner with your multi-species reports. Will you autograph my hat? :) Seriously, that does sound like a blast! Glad someone is putting those ugly little buggers to good use (referring to the bugs -- not you).

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I know a few guys that have been taking cats at alum on topwater lately...pop-r's and even buzzbaits. Sounds like a blast.

4. Yes, call me Al... very funny...lol
    Went out yesterday after a wedding for about an hour, took a buddy out who never fish's and eek38. Decided to mess around again and catch a few carp. Biggest was 19#'s! Now I know I normally fish eyes but you want to talk about a fight.. good lord. It took 25 minutes to get him in.
    Oh well, off to fish sometime today. Going for eyes. Hopefully see you guys out there.
    ying

5. Tell me when you are going out and I would be glad to outfish you. :D