Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, while bass fishing yesterday I kept watching the surface to see what was going to hit all those cicada...
You carp guys on here will love this!!!
We werent catching squat, so I took one of the hundred cicadas on the boat and put it on a hook with a bobber and flipped it out there.. the guy floated on the water and in about a minute a HUGE carp came up and smacked it.. took us for a ride and we finally got the bull in.. went around 20#'s.. no joking.
It was one right after another in the back of the bays and it was an incredible time, totally different but a lot of fun.
If we let the cicadas drop under the bobber, within minutes we would have a catfish on. Caught a nice 5#er on one.
So you guys who love to fly fish or carp fish.. it is a totally different experience but a heck of a lot of fun.
ying

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Wow Mike, you're getting to be a regular Al Lindner with your multi-species reports. Will you autograph my hat? :) Seriously, that does sound like a blast! Glad someone is putting those ugly little buggers to good use (referring to the bugs -- not you).

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
I know a few guys that have been taking cats at alum on topwater lately...pop-r's and even buzzbaits. Sounds like a blast.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, call me Al... very funny...lol
Went out yesterday after a wedding for about an hour, took a buddy out who never fish's and eek38. Decided to mess around again and catch a few carp. Biggest was 19#'s! Now I know I normally fish eyes but you want to talk about a fight.. good lord. It took 25 minutes to get him in.
Oh well, off to fish sometime today. Going for eyes. Hopefully see you guys out there.
ying

1 - 5 of 5 Posts