close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Car Wax

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ARGEE, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Anyone Have A Opinion On Who Makes The Best Car Wax?

2. Now here's a refreshing topic. I'm not really sure which one is the best but the one I seem to end up using the most is "New Finish". It's easy to apply and seems to last. I'll be interested to see how everyone weighs in on this one.

3. I only use Meguiers Gold Class, first by washing and drying the car than using a Clay bar kit to remove particles from the car, then applying 2 coats of the wax itself. Its pricey but worth it(at least when you have a black car)

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Maguire's gold class hands down. I "prewax" the car with the cleaner wax and then a good coat of the gold class. Also, if I get a car that has paint in bad shape I hit it with the paint cleaner, polish, cleaner wax then the gold class. Definitely makes a difference. Maguire's care care stuff is hard to beat.

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Meguiare's Mirror Glaze #7. It not a wax.
    It's an amino functional silicone that reacts with moisture in the air and polymerizes on your car's surface. It also removes buffer circles and really puts a nice durable finish on your car.
    Don't use it on top of a carnuba wax polish. You have to scrub down to the paint surface then apply it if you previously used a wax polish in the last year. It's good stuff. Not as good as mine but pretty good for a consumer product.

6. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i like the meguiers products also.my jeep had alot of the black plastic parts on the exterior and the meguiers "back to black" works better on them than anything i've ever tried.

7. Meguiers makes a good product but I will tell you this I have a 10 year old black camaro and nothing I have tried competes with mothers carnuba. It makes the thing shine like it was brand new. I buff on the cleaner wax then hand coat with the carnuba.

8. Mother's Wax is the best.